Sign in to follow this  
Cfoley

System requirement question

In the future I may purchase the PMDG 777 but I have a question that will help me avoid any problems, and a waste of money if it does not work out on my system.   I saw the PDMG 777 system requirements on their product page and the only thing I do know is I have a 64-bit system, the rest,  I have no clue since PMDG's requirements looks different then mine.  From some of the AVSIM posts I have seen, the 777 looks like it is taxing on frame rates and uses up alot of resources.   Can anyone tell me if my system meets the 777 system requirements or will it cause issues?  I purchased my computer in 2011.  I don't have a clue what the video card is.     I have the following:

HP Pavillion

Processor:  AMD Athlon II 4 630 Processor 2.80 GHz

Installed Memory: 6.00 GB

64-bit operating system.

Thanks!

Cray Foley

Hello Cfloey,

Without knowing your video resources is a bit hard but overall I say you will be able to run the T7 but at very low FPS, you could still enjoy it and give it a shot by decreasing some sliders in the settings menu. In other words, although You do not have a high end system I honestly believe you can still fly it nicely.

Just my $0.002

Thanks for the information.  This pretty much answers my question.  I think I will pass on purchasing the 777. 

Cray Foley

I went ahead and purchased the 777 anyway last month, realizing it may not work well on my computer regarding the frame rates but decided to take the chance, and not complain if it did not work out.  I am still learning how to fly the plane, but so far on some test take offs and landings, the frame rates seem okay.  No jerky motion.  I decided to purchase it because I saw a post that if you have PMDG's 737 and if it works fine with the frame rates, so will the 777.  I have the PMDG 737 and it works fine,  so I purchased the 777.

Cray Foley

at my side the T7 works very well. are you sure that you tweaked your fsx.cfg before having a flight? how many time did you change views? and how many did you access the menus and alt+tab FSX while inflight?