Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

FIX -D3D11.DLL and STACKHASH CTDs

Another fix for the d3d11.dll CTD -

D3d11.dll CTD  Remove KB2670838. (a Windows Update).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

iT WORKED BY DELETING D3d11.dll CTD  Remove KB2670838. (a Windows Update).

If you do a search for the KB, you'll find all kinds of issues with it.  Here's one - http://www.sevenforums.com/themes-styles/287562-windows-platform-update-kb2670838-broke-much-more-than-just-aero.html

Best regards,

Jim

iT WORKED BY DELETING D3d11.dll CTD  Remove KB2670838. (a Windows Update).

Thanks for posting the solution for your problem.  Might help others.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim, I've watched the Champions League and i had totally forgotten about existence of google for that period of time  :lol:

I think i remember now, i missed that update anyway

Hi Zeljko,

Hope you don't think I was being a smart whatever about suggesting searching.  I had the KB but never received the crash (lots of no joys for me!).  By now I think they have replaced that KB (with one that causes ntdll.dll, g3d.dll, StackHash crashes.... just kidding!  :Just Kidding: ).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

I dont have this update installed but i still get random fsx crashes. D3D11.dll Any idea what more i can do ?

Thanks

I dont have this update installed but i still get random fsx crashes. D3D11.dll Any idea what more i can do ?

Thanks

Individuals in this forum have reported SweetFX caused their crash.  They removed it and the crashes went away.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hi Zeljko,

Hope you don't think I was being a smart whatever about suggesting searching.  I had the KB but never received the crash (lots of no joys for me!).  By now I think they have replaced that KB (with one that causes ntdll.dll, g3d.dll, StackHash crashes.... just kidding!  :Just Kidding: ).

Best regards,

no Jim, it was funny - i was too concentrated on that soccer game... We should talk with them to replace that with another KB which will cause some "fixable" crashes  :lol:

I've uninstalled the KB, but I noticed Win7 just downloads it again and attempts to reapply the update. Any way to make this a permanent change so it doesn't come back?

I would just turn off Automatic Windows Update. Set it to "Download but let me choose". You can also HIDE that update.

CK

On your C: drive, FSX will make a folder in the root of the drive called ProgramData.   This should not be confused with Programs(x86) and Programs (for 64 bit systems).   Inside this folder you will have a Microsoft directory.  Go into it.  Inside this folder you will have an FSX folder.  Go into it.    Inside this folder you will see numberous files and 3 folders; Facilities, ScenryCache and SceneIndexes.

Delete the Facilities and SceneIndexes folders to your Recycle Bin.  DO NOT permanently delete them until you confirm your CTD has gone away.    Once you have cleaned out your shaders and these two folders start up FSX and let it rebuild all the files and folders you just deleted.   Take a flight.  See if you are crash free.

Thanks Kuragiman for this tip.  I plan on adding this to my CTD Guide.  All it is doing is updating the facility and scenery indexes which could possibly get corrupted but it's an easy possible fix people can try.  Thanks!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Best regards,

Best regards,

Jim

Jim

Hello Jim !

It's been ...

I also have this problem CRASH  " d3d11.dll "

But at home I do not have this KB267038 !

Hoping to read,

How can I do for resolve this matter ?

Sincerely,

--

Pierre-Jean

Remove SweetFX.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM