Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Saitek Panels with 777

So I finally jumped in and purchased a shiny new 777 for my Air Canada Fleet :)

Just wondering if anyone has got the saitek multi panel & switch panel working. I had them working perfectly with my 737NGX. With the 777 only my radio panel seems to have any functionality. Even the gear up/down selector doesn't work

Got a few short flights in so far today, totally impressed. Would be fantastic to get my Saitek hardware working

Richard

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Any comments at all ?

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

I'm having trouble with my Saitek radio panel and multi panel.  Not many of the functions work.  I also use LINDA, and am having trouble getting both the FSX controls, and 777 controls to work properly.  I have no idea why, except to say that I know PMDG "takes control" of a lot of functions.  I have been experimenting with the key assignment function in the CDU, but the results are inconclusive.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Same here ..and I don't use fscuipc (only the locked version that came with the T7) , spad or Linda. I have trawled the forums and found stuff for and against using them so I stick with the saitek drivers. I have found that the small trim wheel, flaps and gear lever work on the 777. I found out (by accident) that to trim nose up you pull the control column towards you whilst on the ground then you can set the trim value as required by the fmc. Strangely, I also have the separate saitek trim wheel and if I use this, the trimmer automatically trims in one direction I.e. nose down. Neither trim wheel works on the ngx. All my Saitek controls work with most other add ones except PMDG products.

I have the radio panel and it seems to work pretty well.  Have you tried SPAD?

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Saitek has refused to make drivers for their stuff using our SDK variables - that's the only way you'd get 100% functionality out of them with the NGX and 777.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I was a little surprised, everything works so well with my NGX. I use Spad & registered FSUIPC. It is a bit of a backwards step having them all sit there but not be able to use them. 

Other than that I love the T7

Richard

Richard

mmBbmS1.png

The only thing holding me back on the T7 right now, is the missing functionality with my saitek gear.
Going for another flight with the 737....

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD

I have recently had issues with my saitek radio panel, when I start spad and fsx the panel disconnects for 20 seconds then reconnects, I have untucked box to make sure pc doesn't send it to sleep anyone have any ideas, is it my powered USB hub? Maybe they should be plugged into pc not USB hub? Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

SPAD works with the NGX as a special mode was added after the NGX SDK became available. Now maybe more functionality via SPAD will be possible after a 777 SDK is released. However SPAD hasn't been updated since July of 2012 so I wouldn't count on an special 777 mode being added.

Yeah, again - the 777 SDK will be out with the SP1 update soon here. It's not up to us whether or not developers or hardware makers decide to use it or not. There are very good technical reasons why we don't use default FSX functions that devices like the Saitek panels assume all aircraft use.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Indeed Ryan, its the same with many complex aircraft. Things have to be done outside of the FSX limitations to enable us as customers to enjoy aircraft that are as advanced and close to the real thing as possible, otherwise we would all still be flying the default Cessnas or jets ^_^ . The trade off being some hardware is incompatible or needs extra programming/workarounds to be usable. Thankfully with more third party drivers/software available these days at least some of those limitations can be over come.

I for one am thankful to PMDG and others for making complex aircraft that dare to push the boundaries and can except some hardware incompatibilities in the process.

Hi everyone,

I haven't gone too deep yet in the assignment of Saitek Panels with PMDG777. Some 777 functions are not recognize by FSUIPC as macro (weird), like the Battery switch. However, I think that going with LUA script, there are some possibilities, but I haven't had time yet.

regarding the radio panel, I could make it work for the Com1 and Com2 (which is useful if you fly online). After following the Introduction manual, I set FSX COMM DISABLED to "NEVER" (page 0.00.87). After doing that, I found out that the "act/stby" button of the panel was not working properly either. So I used SPAD to make virtual joystick buttons with the panel "act/stby" button, created a macro with the button of the PMDG777 using FSUIPC, and mapped them, still with FSUIPC. It is working great.

I'll check if I can find other interesting assignments and keep you posted here.

Max

Yeah, again - the 777 SDK will be out with the SP1 update soon here. It's not up to us whether or not developers or hardware makers decide to use it or not. There are very good technical reasons why we don't use default FSX functions that devices like the Saitek panels assume all aircraft use.

Do Saitek Pro Flight Yoke throttle quadrants work with your products? I'm looking into purchasing 2 throttle quadrants and the yoke and rudder pedals currently to use with the NGX but i want to use 4 individual throttle levels from the two bodies to control the 747v2 when it's out in the future. Will I be wasting my money investing in this yoke and throttle?

I was also thinking of using the centre 4 levers as throttles for each engine and the other two for spoilers and flaps, no idea if this would work either though.

I'm just looking for a little reassurance but I know it's their product not yours.

James,

They work fine, I would advise getting a registered copy of FSUIPC and using that to sort out your control requirements

Chris Warner

PMDG : JS4100, MD-11, 737 NGX (Soon!)