Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

Back at last!

A long month and a streak of bad luck. My video card burned up, then a week later so did the motherboard! Or it was the CPU, still have no idea. So, I bought new everything and waited for the parts.

In the meantime, I tried to use my Nook (1st Gen) to access the Internet but it does not work so great. And anyway I dropped it and damaged the screen! Talk about bad luck.

So, I had to buy a new book reader also and am waiting for it.

Got all the computer parts, put it together, and... Win 7 won't work. I don't blame Ballmer and anyway that is beating a dead horse. But, this has happened to me before (and maybe to you as well :P  ) so there is no point in worrying about it. I just boot into Ubuntu and that always works.

Then, tried to access Avsim to have fun with the guys. But, I seem to have been kicked out. Tom says that is because I am a miscreant (whatever the heck that means) and I talk with a funny accent. I do not talk with a funny accent! B)  I am from New Jersey and it is the rest of you that talk funny! :lol:

Anyway, he sorted that out for me and I would celebrate my new computer and return to Avsim by some rolls and loops but Win 7 still won't boot.

My philosophy is that when everything is going wrong, the best thing to do is ... smile. :lol:  As a very wise man once said, "Don't worry, be happy."

So, here is a picture of an old roll until I can fix everything and start doing them again.

Giant_04_zps58a698dd.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Glad your back Luis. Now please keep a safe distance from my system with your bad luck :unsure: 

Moe

Welcome back Luis the gremlins appear to have had a good time with you, but they will soon get fed up if you keep smiling. Don't forget to keep us informed of progress.

Glad to see you back Luis. I like that you used my "sleeping Giant" aerocache screen shot. I sure do miss your great screen shot contributions.  Hope every thing works out in the end. As a side note, I sure do love my Kindle as an e-reader. I also use the Kindle app on my Acer 10" pad and smart phone. So I am never without a book.

Steve