Sign in to follow this  
JamesDinsdale

A/P Disconnect

Ha, now that would be worth wading through 2 hours of video for!

bahahaha...yeah, I've been trying to cut them down a little.

Kyle Rodgers

You should disconnect the autopilot using the switch on the yoke, wait a few seconds, then press it again. Works for me.

Mihkel Kiil

Regardless of the resettable siren, I was still hitting the AP disconnect on the yoke with the required 2 presses, and eventually another 30 when the siren didn't shut off.  Last night I tried to test the theory of running the default panel state to see if it worked.  I was able to clear the siren on the first flight.  For the second I switched from the end of flight state I was in to cold and dark.  TCAS off triggered a warning that never went off on the second two flights.  Both of the second two flights using cold and dark (the second even restarting FSX before) I was able to get the siren to shut off.  I cannot think of anything that was done differently.

Andrew Payne

KPHX

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I can wait three whoop's, I can wait 5 whoop's, I can wait, 7 whoop's, I can wait, 1 whoop, I can wait three whoop's. whup's, already said that.  I can wait   ( fill in the blank here ).

I can click's the black button on the yoke,

I can right click's the short cut screw.

They don't shut the horn off.

Changing the resettable siren from siren to wailer gives me a different sound to listen to.   After I get my the first sound not shutting off, I can, then, go in and set the resettable to the other and have two sounds to listen to.  No sense just letting one sound have all the fun.

They don't shut the horn off.

Earlier, you mentioned that you were starting the flight with the engines running and then shutting them off and starting everything back up.  What happens if you never shut the plane down and just depart with the engines running the whole time?  Does it still happen then?

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks  Chris(B777 F/O) and   Dennis Bergen's tips. Both tips worked perfect    

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Earlier, you mentioned that you were starting the flight with the engines running and then shutting them off and starting everything back up.  What happens if you never shut the plane down and just depart with the engines running the whole time?  Does it still happen then?

It still happens, yes.  I had tried several short flights, default, engines running, and several times where I had just loaded the aircraft on the runway, default engines running, clicked the A/P and then disconnected with the yoke black button, right click shortcut screw.  It didn't make any difference. 

As a FYI:   It seems that when either the A/P alarm goes off or the Crew Alertness Monitor alarm went off (set to NO now ) , they won't be silenced off.  I clicked a bunch of functions in the FMC to silence that alarm ( PROG, VNAV, INT/REF, etc. ) after the alarm sounded but it stayed on until the FSX was rebooted.

I swear, the 777 knows I secretly have her ranked third behind the stronger feelings I have for the MD11 and the 74's. :ph34r:

You should disconnect the autopilot using the switch on the yoke, wait a few seconds, then press it again. Works for me.

That's exactly what I do...works every time.

Chris Sunseri

I swear, the 777 knows I secretly have her ranked third behind the stronger feelings I have for the MD11 and the 74's. :ph34r:

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I love this aircraft until I try to land it.

Why the alarm not stop definitively after I hit Z key two times as you said??? With MD11 I hit only one time and it's ok.

Why please ?

Im owner of pmdg 737 fs9 and fsx, 747 fsx and fs9, MD11 fsx and j41 fsx and I never have this kind of problem.,...

Please give me correct solution without keyboard key 

thanks

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Hi Pilecan,

Check your aircraft settings at the PMDG Ops Center. You can select "disable AP siren" - and it shuts down.. :) 

You must do this with every aircraft - and you can do it at the OPS Center or at the PMDG Setup of each plane at their respective FMC.

It works.. take it easy!

Cheers,

Rafael

Ok, I found a solution with keys.

For my simulator hit twice time Z key not work, second hit only reconnect the A/P and when I move my joystick to control the plane the A/P disconnect again and alarm back again.  :wacko:

My solution is to hit ctrl-shift Z twice to disconnect A/P and to stop the alarm and finally I can land my amazing 777 quietly  :rolleyes:

Question: In real 777 how pilot stop this alarm ?

Best Regards

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

As Kyle mentioned in a previous post, make sure that you are pressing the key that is assigned to the yoke autopilot disconnect button. 

The correct procedure in the real aircraft is to press the button on the yoke, count three "whoops" and press it again.

By default in the 777, Z presses the autopilot switch on the MCP. This is not the correct way to disconnect the autopilot. Another key combination (CTRL+Z or CTRL+SHIFT+Z, can't remember) is the default for pressing the button on the yoke.

Thanks Davidz, 

You answer to all of my questions and hope this resolve this post.

Sweet and quiet landing  B)

Pierre

By default in the 777, Z presses the autopilot switch on the MCP. This is not the correct way to disconnect the autopilot. Another key combination (CTRL+Z or CTRL+SHIFT+Z, can't remember) is the default for pressing the button on the yoke.

Hi David. How can I assign that yoke A/P disconnect button to a button on my MS ForceFeedback2 button? All I can see are Key Command options only for a PC keyboard in the MCDU. This would make the landing procedures at roll-out so much easy. Thanks.