Sign in to follow this  
Philippine116

Runways and gates......

I preatty sure there cant be an awnser to my question but who knows what ADE is capable.....

Is there any way that a runway can only be used for takeoff by a certain aircraft (or a certain time)ex. you can only use 26r/08l for takeoff after 1900 and only aircraft Can gates be used only by small aircraft even though its a gate heavy-ex ACA has ERJ-175 and 777 the 777 took the parking spot of the ERJ.......

I preatty sure there cant be an awnser to my question but who knows what ADE is capable.....

Is there any way that a runway can only be used for takeoff by a certain aircraft (or a certain time)ex. you can only use 26r/08l for takeoff after 1900 and only aircraft Can gates be used only by small aircraft even though its a gate heavy-ex ACA has ERJ-175 and 777 the 777 took the parking spot of the ERJ.......

I'm 99% sure that you can't assign specific planes to use only specific runways. As for the parking issue, the best explanation I've seen of how FS assigns parking to ai aircraft is in the documentation for the original Afcad program by Lee Swordy. You can download it here...

http://db.tt/Waro0bSJ

See section 35. Parking Assignments for AI Aircraft.

Im 100% Sure you can t assign A specific plane to a specific runway  B)

Specific runway specific time anything..? 

FSX(ADE) doesn't have a kind of feature like that, is it impossible to make that kind of feature?

I am not aware of anything in the SDK that supports this. I am not sure how it could be done.

Sent from my Sony Xperia with Tapatalk 2

I realize this post is almost a month old but I feel it is important to know throughout the FS community that certain aircraft can use certain runways for takeoff and landing.

There must be a minimum of 2 runways available for takeoff and landing so a choice can be made. FS9/FSX at many airports gives us multiple parallel runways which some airports by default assign certain airplanes to certain runways.

If your airport does not have parallel runways but has 2 or more runways then ADE9X has the ability to set those runways for certain size planes if runways have the proper length. This ADE9X feature is part of setting up the crosswind runway technique.

The crosswind runway technique makes available multiple runways for arrival and departure usage and unlocks the airplane size in the .air file based on single, multi and turboprop Engines.

Jet airplanes do not use the .air file like the prop planes do but use the Empty Weight found in the Aircraft.cfg file. Each Jet airplane is passed through a coded formula which determinds the minimum length runway required for that type Jet plane.    

In answer to your questions

Aircraft can use certain runways

Aircraft cannot use the time for runway selection

ADE9X can code your airports for Xwind runways which is part of the basic code for runway usage assignment

hope this helps

jim