Sign in to follow this  
popwebz

My CTD has reappeared. Please help me understand these log files

So my Flight Sim X has started crashing to desktop again. With that and my joystick losing calibration flying is no longer enjoyable.

I am on windows 8 and have had frequent CTDs before. I completely eliminated the problem by installing the vista version of UIAutomationCore.dll inside C:/FSX.

Well now it is still crashing. I looked in the Windows event viewer and found these application logs and I would appreciate some expertise to understand them:

Yesterday:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll, version: 8.0.50727.6910, time stamp: 0x4fee68f0
Exception code: 0xc000000d
Fault offset: 0x00008aa0
Faulting process id: 0x1dd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf0c64436c72
Faulting application path: C:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6910_none_d089c358442de345\MSVCR80.dll
Report Id: 3195ceed-1b09-11e3-bee4-50e549ce63df
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:  

Today 1:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: USER32.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16420, time stamp: 0x505a971d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00019217
Faulting process id: 0x1a14
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceaf371982e48a
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\USER32.dll
Report Id: 1dbe9481-1bf5-11e3-bee4-50e549ce63df

Today 2:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x7770bda1
Faulting process id: 0x2478
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb0325b901d08
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 69dbb72d-1c2a-11e3-bee4-50e549ce63df

Today 3:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x7770bda1
Faulting process id: 0x1604
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb0375cb550b3
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: df71cdb8-1c2d-11e3-bee4-50e549ce63df

Thank you to anyone who has a look at these four logs and can assist me in diagnosing and then eliminating the problem. I really would like to end all my flights on the runway rather than a crash during the descent.

Arjen, that's fine, but i would keep that just in case that no other solution works. That will uninstall only SP2, but will overwritte some addons when you install SP2 again, so you need to apply all texture replacement products again. It could take some time. But it's good to know, in case the other things don't work.

From what i've seen so far, this MSVCR80.dll crashes should be fixed after installing latest version of FSUIPC http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

This crashes may appear when you install some new addon and installer overwrites your FSUIPC, and install some older version. This happened to me a couple of times with Flight1 installers - DA Fokker, Level D, ATR 72 - 500 etc...

Also, It could be visual studio crash... If FSUIPC didn't fixed it, check and Install only "ENU (vcredist_x86.exe)" from this list: http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/KB961894/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=2067

Actually, that is the wrong program.  That's for a BSOD or Blue Screen of Death.  The OP received just a crash so the following program should be downloaded and the results pasted here so we can analyze - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

The MSVCR80.dll crash indicates the OP has the correct version of MS Visual C++ 20005 installed.  If you have the Uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX folder, remove it.  It is not compatible with Windows 8. 

I would guess that you are receiving the MSVCR80 crash and the User.dll crash due to the fact some fsx files are not being shared.  I would download and install a program called TakeOwnership.  Then, when you go to the FSX main directory you can right click the directory and click on Take Ownership.  Make sure sub-folders are done the same way.  Make sure you do this with any FSX addons, etc., that might be located on another HDD.

Just too much security in Windows 8.  You can't even disable UAC (User Access Controls) without going through some major configurations.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Actually, i've seen only once this crash caused by C++. In most cases is FSUIPC, but now i see that OP has Windows 8... I'm not familiar with this OS

Hello,

I am getting the same (like Today 2). Trying to start a flight during winter season in a region or when enter the same region during flight, and FSX crashes.

I am trying several weeks now to try to understand what's wrong but in vain.

I need some help to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Vas

The problem with Windows 7 and now Windows 8 is security.  The solution is in post #5.  Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 is shipped with FSX and SP2/Acceleration.  It is used to make sure the product is installed properly in the manner the developer intended.  If the product is not installed properly, it will throw an error.  If you did not install FSX as the Administrator, then there is most likely a sharing issue.  If a fsx program is looking for a texture or a file and it is not shared with anyone, it's not going to give it to you to render.

Just right click the main fsx folder and click on Properties.  In there make sure everything, including sub-folders are shared.  It might be best to simply uninstall and reinstall FSX.

If you got the Exception Code 0xc000000d like the OP received, I have recently found that this is a problem with Windows 8 - http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft-windows/problems-windowsrt-81-updates-continue-0xc000000d-error-workaround-229248.  It is a very complicated world we live in....

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi,

first of all I downloaded the pdf file about CTDs and I tried several things: Rebuild the fsx.CFG file and adding the lines about missing textures, but the result remained the same. Maybe it is important to say that with the new fsx.CFG file the event viewer displayed that the faulty module is g2d.dll.

I am running FSX in Win7 for several years now and I never had any similar problem. Recently I added FTX Global and Vector from Orbx. Till say November I had no problems, I was still in the Fall season.

Concerning the sharing of the files, I need some guidance. I am not sure how to do it. I open properties and then what? BTW in all other seasons I do not experience any problem.

Please help

Cheers

Oh I forgot to say that if I start from free flight the crash appears during loading of the textures at 27%. Is it a clue?

Oh I forgot to say that if I start from free flight the crash appears during loading of the textures at 27%. Is it a clue?

It's loading terrain data up to about 72% so yes, it means some terrain is loading for some reason.  Perhaps FSX cannot find winter textures provided by FTX Global/Vector?  All I can suggest there is that you disable those programs (don't know if you can as I do not own them) and see if the problem persists.  If so, you may have to go to FTX forums (here at AVSIM or their forums) and see if there's a solution.

The AVSIM CTD Guide provides possible solutions to the G2d.dll error on Page 8 of the guide.

Concerning the sharing of the files, I need some guidance. I am not sure how to do it. I open properties and then what? BTW in all other seasons I do not experience any problem.

This link provides the guidance - http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/windows-7-access-denied-permission-ownership/ .

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Hello Jim,

Problem solved. Everything runs smoothly. Apparently, some files were corrupted within the texture directory. I re-installed FTX Global and now I back to normal.

Thanks with the assistance. :lol:

Cheers,

Vas

Hi Vas,

I just saw this post and was going to reply till I got to the end of them all.

I was going to mention reinstalling FTX/Global.

I was having a few problems after installing it.  Then one day I noticed that somehow it had installed itself twice from one install.  So I uninstalled, reinstalled and everything has been fine ever since.

Glad to hear all is back up and running well. :Applause:

Like Firehawk44 mentioned, there is just too much security.  A person should have the option of easily turning off whatever securities one may want to.

Best Regards, :smile:

wtr49p