Sign in to follow this  
Mrkev

Sound Issues

Having just purchased the long awaited 777 from PMDG. I have now run into a long standing problem which may or may not be easy to solve. The problem is when running FSX for a couple of hours or so the sound card seems to fail and all sounds go very high pitched and squeaky (if I tab change and open internet and play a video on youtube for example, the sound is still dreadful!) unplugging and then re plugging the headset or speakers (whatever, I am using at the time) back in, then seems to solve the issue and it runs fine...However on the 777 and 737 NGX there seems to be 2 separate sound systems present. When I unplug the headset and plug in again I still have ATC and engine sounds however the cockpit sounds i.e air con, clicks from the switches etc have all gone.. I cannot seem to get them back unless I save the flight, exit FSX and restart it and reload the flight. then all the sounds are back again, up until the sound card does its wobbly. ( I have updated the drivers) it has always done it ever since I had the pc (from new and I have read other comments about sound funnies happening with windows 7). It is only on the PMDG 737 NGX and 777 that I have this problem as with the 747 pmdg and md11 (which I also have) all then play all the sounds again without any problems. Any one had the same issues or know a work around (other than replacing the card) and how to get both sets of sounds back  when I plug the headphones back in again.

many thanks

Kev. :mad:

In addition, I have just had the same problem again and this time I didn't exit fsx just saved the flight and exited back to fsx home screen and reloaded the saved flight (777 gave the passengers a rather interesting ride whilst the systems were reloading) however the point is the sound is back to normal again. Ggrrrr !

+1

I have got the same problem. But yesterday, whilst flying from BIKF to PANC, the problem started as you described it and went on to a total loss of sound. I didn't know the trick about unplugging and replugging the headphones, so I had to comlete the flight in total silience.

Christian Schulz

Hi,

after approximately 3 to 4 hours of flights and sometimes randomly I get a total loss of sound and have to complete my flight randomly.

in my setup it is really hard for me to unplug and plug again the headsets. any alternate solution as this is very annoying :S

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Have you tried pressing Q twice?

Are you using an on-board sound-card? 

Have you tried updating the soundcard drivers?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Have you tried pressing Q twice?

Are you using an on-board sound-card? 

Have you tried updating the soundcard drivers?

yes, I tried Q more than once, and my sound card is an on board sound card.

as for the drivers the latest one is installed :(

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Is there a bitrate setting for your card?

If yes, check if it's set to 44.1K instead of 48 or higher. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Is there a bitrate setting for your card?

If yes, check if it's set to 44.1K instead of 48 or higher. 

hi, I've got a 7.1 Razer Megalodon USB headset. and cannot change the sample rate of it in windows 7 it is set to 48000 and cannot be changed

I am looking for a workaround in order to change it to 44.1. unfortunately the Razer Megalodon just uses the 7.1 and dvd quality. didn't find a way to change it ....

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525