Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brent Hebert

Zone Alarm Problems

Guest Brent Hebert

I am using the Free Version of Zone Alarm version 3.7.202 which is the most current release. However I am getting a corrupted Zone Alarm file error.It is causing my computer to reboot continuosly.Is anybody having this problem?As far as I know, my computer is free from any virus.Brent Hebert

Guest Barney1

How long have you had Zonealarm on the computer? If its been there for a while and this problem just now started, chances are you have a 'worm', rather than a virus.If Zonealarm is a fresh install and the reboot issue happened shortly after, try disabling Zonealarm and see whether the reboot problem goes away.You don't mention which OS, or version, so it gets even harder to diagnose from a distance. Have you recently updated the OS?

Guest Brent Hebert

Hi Barney,I have Windows XP HomeP4 1.8G768M SDRAMI've been using Zone Alarm for quite some time and I updated the version over the weekend. If I uninstall it, the computer works fine.How do I check for worms? I have Norton Antivirus and keep my definition files up to date.Brent HebertMEMBERhttp://www.cox-internet.com/bhebert/aopa.jpg