Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Bugs/issues report thread

While Ryan's thread is actually closed to other members, and considering the forum is so busy which makes many problem reports go unnoticed, I thought it would be better if we'd have a thread where we could report problems/issues/bugs you're experiencing with the PMDG 777.

This thread is not meant to discuss one issue for pages and pages, if you have an issue someone else has as well you can reply to it but don't go on too long about it please.

Please don't report issues already mentioned in the "Bugs/issues tracking thread".

Here's the issues I've been having:

1. MAX CRZ ALT" in FMC is lower than step climb altitude - even at the calculated step climb point, which means the FMC is basically contradicting itself with regard to step climb points and max cruise altitudes, resulting in errors on the scratchpad when step climbing saying "MAX ALT FLxxx"
2. Editing previously entered wind values in the FORECAST page will make the VNAV path calculation go crazy after the EXEC button is pressed. Even after a slight editing of the winds in the FMC the ND can suddenly show you as being 10000 ft above VNAV path while you were previously perfectly on path.
3. Loading a saved flight can cause a CTD with an unknown fault module according to Event Viewer.

4. Putting panel refresh rates to unlimited will cause an excessive FPS loss. Putting it to lower values will make it interfere with VSync set in NVIDIA Inspector by resulting in big sudden FPS spiking. This issue is not experienced in the NGX.

• Upvote 1

So I continue here:

Bug: During climb with auto time compression up to 16x armed, PFD and ND suddenly started to do crazy things and didn't stop until I restarted FSX. The flight on which this happened was a previously saved one by me with running engines on the runway.
The Attitude Indicator and the ND were freakishly turning around at high speed and speed and altitude were jumping between 100-550kts and 5.000ft and 45.000ft.
But the ISFD showed the correct data all the time while PFD and ND weere freaking out.

Failures were deactivated and not present.

No icing conditions outside. 

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

The reported OOM issues when the plane is sitting idle in the gate after a flight has been experienced by me 50% of the times as well.

Enrique Vaamonde

1) In my case cargo doors operate wrongly. Doors close when you hit open and viceversa.

2) Wheels will not come up when pressing the "G" key.

3) After writing down the route, does not appear in the screen.

Sorry for my grammar. I'm trying.

Jorge Del Valle

Jdelva0314@aol.com

• Upvote 1

The only issues i have are the caution light coming up after start engine 1 (from cold and dark) and the Runway ILS frequency error (coming from cold and dark too) if i start from other panel than cold and dark, i have no issues.

I too am having the issue with the pfd and nd during climbout, maxsill. It is very annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix it?

In one instance chocks and GPU were visible, but switched off, and I couldn't get rid of them -- so I flew with chocks and GPU. I think before I was fiddling around with the ground ops menu; maybe there it went awry... 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

RAAS isn't working, not written in the dll.xml when editing by myself FSX says RAASPRO.dll isn't working with FSX and FSX crashs!

Problem already known at the FS2Crew Forums, but their possible Solution don't work at my PC.

Paul Ziegler

Unable to manually tune an ILS or VOR frequency in the FMC.

May be my stupidity, but I can't see anything in the documentation that I may be doing wrong.

RAAS volume jammed on super low, even if you access the settings page from the Alt key it won't increase in volume.

and considering the forum is so busy which makes many problem reports go unnoticed, I thought it would be better if we'd have a thread where we could report problems/issues/bugs you're experiencing with the PMDG 777.

If you believe it's a legit bug, the forum isn't really the place to expect PMDG to step in 100% of the time and see things.  If you're absolutely sure it's a bug, then you should submit a ticket.  That's traceable and is sure to be seen.

That being said, please save everyone the workload on that end and be absolutely sure it's a bug (which is part of what the forum is for).

1. MAX CRZ ALT" in FMC is lower than step climb altitude - even at the calculated step climb point, which means the FMC is basically contradicting itself with regard to step climb points and max cruise altitudes, resulting in errors on the scratchpad when step climbing saying "MAX ALT FLxxx"

Depending on the situation, that's probably an error on the user side.

4. Putting panel refresh rates to unlimited will cause an excessive FPS loss. Putting it to lower values will make it interfere with VSync set in NVIDIA Inspector by resulting in big sudden FPS spiking. This issue is not experienced in the NGX.

Not a bug.  Set it to the value most appropriate to your system.  That's like saying an unlimited framerate slider on your system causing a drop in frames is a bug.  It's not.  It's a misconfig on your system.

1) In my case cargo doors operate wrongly. Doors close when you hit open and viceversa.
2) Wheels will not come up when pressing the "G" key.
3) After writing down the route, does not appear in the screen.

I have never seen this.  Worth a support ticket at support.precisionmanuals,com, because there's no way that's the code.  It works properly on too many other systems.  Sounds like an individual issue with your system alone.

The only issues i have are the caution light coming up after start engine 1 (from cold and dark) and the Runway ILS frequency error (coming from cold and dark too) if i start from other panel than cold and dark, i have no issues.

Already reported, and I think the stickied thread says it's fixed, but I haven't checked in a while.

In one instance chocks and GPU were visible, but switched off, and I couldn't get rid of them -- so I flew with chocks and GPU. I think before I was fiddling around with the ground ops menu; maybe there it went awry... 

Intro manual - can't load the aircraft as the default, or load the aircraft on top of itself.

RAAS isn't working, not written in the dll.xml when editing by myself FSX says RAASPRO.dll isn't working with FSX and FSX crashs!
Problem already known at the FS2Crew Forums, but their possible Solution don't work at my PC.

RAAS issues are RAAS issues.  Not saying it's 100% not a bug with the 777, but it's something that needs to be evaluated over there more, I think. (Just my opinion).  I doubt it's a bug, but it's still worthy of support.  I'd open a ticked with FS2Crew first, and if they can't solve it, they might refer you to PMDG.

• Upvote 5

Kyle Rodgers

Crash when switching to PLAN view with NAV on lower EICAS display, as follows:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    fsx.exe
  Application Version:    10.0.61472.0
  Application Timestamp:    475e17d3
  Fault Module Name:    PMDG_777X.DLL
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    52256029
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    00247710
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1032

Additional information about the problem:
  LCID:    1032

Andreas Konstantinidis

Just got it now, crashed FSX after switching views from ENG to DOORS on lower EICAS

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: fsx.exe

Application Version: 10.0.61472.0

Application Timestamp: 475e17d3

Fault Module Name: PMDG_777X.DLL

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 52256029

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00247710

OS Version: 6.2.9200.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Extra information about the problem

LCID: 1033

Bucket ID: d02a440d29aeeceaf780fecc62a20ea7 (-486432486)

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Potential bug:  Cold and dark airplane can be powered up with primary external power with the BATTERY switch OFF

The manual explicitly states that the BATTERY switch must be ON to establish electrical power using the external power.  Starting from cold and dark with primary external power available in the sim, if you keep the BATTERY switch OFF and press the PRI EXT PWR switch, the plane appears to power up normally.  Am I missing something or is this modeled incorrectly?

Rushad E.

• Upvote 1

Depending on the situation, that's probably an error on the user side.

No, I've had it on multiple flights so far. I know perfectly fine how to fly these big birds setting up the FMC with the correct data. I have made a thread about this and quite a few more people reported this. Even if this can be caused by user error, I can't possibly think of what. If the FMC says STEP CLIMB FL400 - NOW, while the same page is displaying MAX CRZ ALT FL392, then the FMC is contradicting itself and it can't be anything else than a bug. Even if my weights are entered wrong this should happen, because both data is calculated from the same source. 

Not a bug.  Set it to the value most appropriate to your system.  That's like saying an unlimited framerate slider on your system causing a drop in frames is a bug.  It's not.  It's a misconfig on your system.

I know this is not a bug, it's rather an "issue" hence the thread title "Bugs/issues report thread" meaning that both bugs and issues can be reported. The reason I mentioned this issue is because I don't understand why this occurs in just this airplane. Changing the panels' refresh rate in the NGX from 15 to unlimited only influences framerates by 5%, so for example you can drop from 44 to 42 FPS, which is quite insignificant.

In the 777 however, making the same changes will give you a quite significant drop in FPS, in this case I drop from 44 to 38 FPS. On top of that, NVIDIA VSync will make things smooth in this airplane only when I set panels' refresh rate above 30 FPS. Setting to 15 for example, will cause microstuttering and choppyness. Why? I'm not sure, but there is definitely something odd going on with the connection between panel's refresh rate and FSX performance in this plane specifically. If I for example set the panel's refresh rate to 20 while I'm actually getting 30 FPS in FSX, then FSX will display my FPS frame counter as 20 while Fraps shows it correctly, 30 FPS. At the same time of course, I'm having microstuttering. So then, I put panel's refresh rate to unlimited and voila, NVIDIA VSync takes it's proper effect and it's all silky smooth, but simultaneously I lose 15% of my performance. But as mentioned, I can only reproduce this problem with NVIDIA VSync 1/2 refresh rate setting.

What I don't understand is that I can't possibly reproduce this in the NGX no matter what, despite the fact the displays look the same for 95% and - I presume - they operate the same way as well. Maybe I should submit a ticket about it, because I think we can't use the 777's optimum performance when using NVIDIA VSync. As said, I'm forced running unlimited refresh rates on the displays or else VSync will make this choppy instead of smooth. 

My main problem is that I need 30 FPS for VSync for it to be smooth. Having to run unlimited refresh rates on the panels will make things smooth, but as mentioned also reduces framerates by 15%, meaning I have less headroom resulting in that I drop below 30 a lot more often, rendering this tweak a bit useless sometimes.

• Upvote 1

Two more bugs.

1 (already known under some users): FMC won't accept .RTE files including airports with an elevation lower than 1 ft MSL, such as EHAM.
2. When panel lightning is on, and the gear on the Saitek Switch Panel is moved up, all panel lights will be switched off. This is all completely independant to the position of the panel light switch on the Saitek Switch Panel. As soon as you move the gear lever up, the other panel switches sorta "wake up" and panel lights will be switched off.