Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Bugs/issues report thread

While in 4x mode, got sudden setting off of alarms, "Pilot Response" message on MFD. went away and flight proceeded normally.

Flying YSSY -> KSFO with full fuel and passengers, always locks hard (screen freezes, sound still going, no change after minutes of waiting) right at the TC point. Checked to make sure pause at top of climb is off; it is. Flight entered into FMC manually, proper SIDS/STARS and flight path checked against Navgraph charts. Using Air Canada Livery. Did not switch to outside views at all. Plane loaded properly at startup of FSX. ORBX FTX AU SP4, REX. Had to reboot to regain control of PC.

Ultimate Airliners DC-9 Classic, same trip, no problem.

Hard freeze when checking Maintenance page while in flight on FMC. No changes made; just attempted to access page.

Entire frame "jumps" momentarily when in outside view and r-click anywhere to open up Views menu to change view.

Little white square top left of screen, can be resized, r-clicking on it to Close Window doesn't. Resizing it results in larger unmovable white box at top left of screen.

Not complaining, just observing.

It feels to me like there are some yet untested coding issues in need of resolution.

Steven

Sound:

When speedbrakes are applied. The cockpit sounds jutter and  drop out a little bit, and stop when speed brakes are stowed.

2) GPU not audible through the external view [like the ngx]

Exterior:

Still find the animations on the exterior to be poor. Engine fan blades look basically the same at 30n1 and 100. The flight control surfaces on the wing look like they have poor refresh rates.

This is the same on the NGX, so not too sure whether this will be changed.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The only issues i have are the caution light coming up after start engine 1 (from cold and dark) and the Runway ILS frequency error (coming from cold and dark too) if i start from other panel than cold and dark, i have no issues.

+1

and deaccelerate thrust after AGL800 A/P ON AT ON-  and selecting FLCH 210 with Altitude FL100 coming from about 190knots no speed restrictions

Michael Moe 

Just had an issue repeat itself in the 3 flights I have done.

Flying along the route, the aircraft veers left of track about 70 degrees, then reverses right trying to recapture the track, overshoots, reverses and repeats this again. I have to set it to track present pos direct to the fix or put it on heading mode to fix it.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I get fps drop for no reason when landing and taxi to gate. The flight was fine until touchdown. Anyone getting this?

Thanks

Swadeep

Flying along the route, the aircraft veers left of track about 70 degrees, then reverses right trying to recapture the track, overshoots, reverses and repeats this again. I have to set it to track present pos direct to the fix or put it on heading mode to fix it.

Using RW weather from FSX, ActiveSky, REX or Opus?

Kyle Rodgers

Just had an issue repeat itself in the 3 flights I have done.

Sounds like the infamous S-Turn issue.

Use FSUIPC wind smoothing and tick the supress turbulence and possibly gust and variance boxes.

Sounds like the infamous S-Turn issue.

Use FSUIPC wind smoothing and tick the supress turbulence and possibly gust and variance boxes.

Not sure, the first time it happened wind was 14 knots from the front. Tonight wind was 58 degrees from my 10 oclock.

Made an approach into YSSY with severe turb and I had selected 157 knot for my app speed, vref was 145, flaps 25.

On final approach, autopilot on, it stopped descending at 2000ft even though it was on g/s and loc, then it dove to capture g/s, speed went to 210 knots. The strange thing was that the engines actually spooled up to add power even though it nosed over steeply and had already accelerated past the selected speed.

Had to disconnect autopilot and auto throttle and do a full manual approach and landing. Very strange.

I do think there are some weather interactions that need isolation and testing; I had Accufeel Turbulence On (latest version, with bugfix for the long-standing Accufeel Turbulence insanity issue), and at CRZ, the 777 would sometimes feel like it was being punched in the nose with a sledgehammer (and responded amazingly well, actually).

With Accufeel off, and REX on with minimum turbulence, synoptic weather interpolation and turbulence smoothing, this artifact disappeared during high altitude flight (35k).  Winds at that altitude often register as 60-80 knots, depending on the day and condition, and when REX updates, it can shift direction and speed quite radically (and unrealistically), even with everything the devs have done to try to interpolate/smooth such changes.  This occurs especially in areas outside NA where the weather stations are further apart, it seems.

I'm not confident enough with my management of autolanding to say there's any issue there with the 777; I suspect the main thing there is that it won't capture VOR/LOC if the ILS/DME setting upon startup from C&D isn't deleted prior to flight (known issue).  I just make that part of my pre-flight procedure now. :)  I am trying to be knowledgeable about handling descent/approach/FMC Step checking before committing to a flight plan, to make sure I don't have any arbitrariness in my flight plan (this is actually one of the most fun things I like about both the NGX and 777, silly, I know!).  Also love the way that VSpeed and derate have to be thought about carefully for takeoff; I still have to understand automated Descent and Approach as well as I do takeoff, which I can get right every time.

I am hopeful there is just some mystery "deep-code" bug that is causing the freezes; I won't guess from way outside, but sometimes, it turns out some petulant little coding issue is hiding itself in the least likely place and when found, dissolves a boatload of issues.

Steven

No altitude callouts on approach.

Despite being set in the FMC, there were no 50, 30, 20 and 10 altitude callouts.

Third time I've had this.

Was with the TNT cargo livery.

No altitude callouts on approach.

Despite being set in the FMC, there were no 50, 30, 20 and 10 altitude callouts.

Third time I've had this.

Was with the TNT cargo livery.

Did you get any of the altitude callouts from the GPWS? (2500, 1000, approaching minimums, etc) If not, it could be the sound routing issue where the sound is going to speakers that don't exist. 

Steve Caffey

FMC don't accept entries to change runway conditions dry/wet. Regards

It does, enter it as 0.0/w etc not WET