Sign in to follow this  
FishermanIvan

Kai Tak IGS 13 approach?

Just to double check, do you install the AIRAC #### first and then do all of the modifications?

Yes  that's right.  Installing an airac overwrites the files in the Navdata folder you have modified (but shouldn't overwrite the VHHX.txt file in SIDSTARS folder.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Agreed. FT's Kai Tak is my personal favorite. There is no other scenery like it.

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi, everyone,

Just noticed that Jock McIntyre has now posted a zip with fully manual installation of Kaitak/vhhx.  This includes the all-important SIDSTAR file vhhx.txt.

Go to:

http://www.vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

Scroll down to "PMDG" and click on it.  He also provides zips for Level-D and Ifly 737.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hello World,

I have tried to get the 777 & Kai Tak to work together without success,

But the other day I found a video on Youtube which had the Sid/Stars below in the description.

If you cant get the link to work try this mirror:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hzx1kktyshioula/vhhx_sidstar.rar?dl=0

(All credit due to the original creators)

After installing these I am glad to report it now works 100% :)

Just thought it would help.

Murray

Hello World,

I have tried to get the 777 & Kai Tak to work together without success,

But the other day I found a video on Youtube which had the Sid/Stars below in the description.

After installing these I am glad to report it now works 100% :)

Just thought it would help.

Murray

I only see an approach plate link that works

ZORAN

On 1/30/2014 at 11:48 AM, Mike777 said:

.......Only question regarding them would be whether you used tabs instead of spaces anywhere in the lines of data.......

Hello Mike,

I know this refers to an old post, but I want to thank you for this information. I was having trouble getting the Level-D B767 acknowledge the existence of (FlyTampa)-VHHX in the FMC, and then, with the help of this post, found that I had used tabs instead of spaces in the relevant wpnavapt.txt file. Replacing the tabs with the correct number of spaces solved the problem.

Regards,

Chakko Kovoor.

2 minutes ago, ckovoor said:

I know this refers to an old post, but I want to thank you for this information. I was having trouble getting the Level-D B767 acknowledge the existence of (FlyTampa)-VHHX in the FMC, and then, with the help of this post, found that I had used tabs instead of spaces in the relevant wpnavapt.txt file. Replacing the tabs with the correct number of spaces solved the problem.

Hi Chakko,

Glad I could help!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2014 at 2:01 PM, Mike777 said:

Scroll down to "PMDG" and click on it.  He also provides zips for Level-D and Ifly 737

Hello Mike, Can't find VHHX installer for iFly 737NG. Any other way to get it? Regards

Patricio Valdes

All you folks that are having trouble getting VHHX into your FMC need to suck-it-up and do like we did when I first started flying in there back in the 70's; load the frequencies into the nav radios and hand fly it.  :smile:

blaustern

• Upvote 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

4 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

All you folks that are having trouble getting VHHX into your FMC need to suck-it-up and do like we did when I first started flying in there back in the 70's; load the frequencies into the nav radios and hand fly it.  :smile:

blaustern

As I am a novice with sim I feel more comfortable to fly and landing via ILS. I learned there is an installer of VHHX for iFly737NG. I think someone has such installer as PMDG and Level-D has instructions to add VHHX as I did. I can get the VHHX in the FMC iFly 737NG but no ILS because no VHHX in SIDS/STARS folders.

Patricio Valdes

Hi Patricio,

You didn't say whether you have scenery installed for Kai Tak.  Without scenery, you will not be able to tune the ILS for the runway 13 IGS approach.  FSX does not have the ILS or other Kai Tak navaids installed by default.  Do you have KaiTak scenery installed?

Regarding the IFLY NGX, I don't own it.   I just took a look at the IFLY 737 Navigraph data and it is different from the PMDG data.  From searching IFLY Kai Tak on the web, I think if you go to the IFLY support forum and log on as a member, you may find a navdata installer or instructions on how to do it manually. 

Here is a link I found, but I only have limited access to IFLY's forums:

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/vhhx-sidstar-availability-for-ifly-737ng_topic2413.html

However if you have KaiTak scenery installed, it's not real hard to navigate to the beginning of the IGS 13 approach even without FMS data..  Once it's installed, use FSX's map function to find the approach frequency and course.

29 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

All you folks that are having trouble getting VHHX into your FMC need to suck-it-up and do like we did when I first started flying in there back in the 70's; load the frequencies into the nav radios and hand fly it

Wilhelm, if you would share some of your experiences flying this approach in the 70s, I would love to hear them.  But I know that FMS-equipped aircraft, including the 777, 747-400, various Airbuses, flew into KaiTak in the 1990s, and I believe they had FMS data similar to that on the following chart:

http://hkvacc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/VHHX_ALL.pdf

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

6 hours ago, Mike777 said:

You didn't say whether you have scenery installed for Kai Tak.

Yep I have installed the FLYTAMPA - HONG KONG KAI-TAK - VHHX for FS2004 and FSX.

6 hours ago, Mike777 said:

Here is a link I found, but I only have limited access to IFLY's forums:

http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/vhhx-sidstar-availability-for-ifly-737ng_topic2413.html

I visited that forum and found the Vapap.com has such iFly 737NG installers. They (vapap.com) don't have the installer (removed?) I sent question for that installers and no success. They are not going to make the VHHX installer again.

I edited the navdata folder and the VHHX is recognized. But, I need to add data on SIDS and STARS folders.

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Yep I have installed the FLYTAMPA - HONG KONG KAI-TAK - VHHX for FS2004 and FSX.

I visited that forum and found the Vapap.com has such iFly 737NG installers. They (vapap.com) don't have the installer (removed?) I sent question for that installers and no success. They are not going to make the VHHX installer again.

I edited the navdata folder and the VHHX is recognized. But, I need to add data on SIDS and STARS folders.

See if you can get someone on the IFLY Forums to send you the files.  You don't need an installer, just paste the approach files into the STAR folder and the departure files into the SID folder.

You can also fly the approach as described on page 5 of the "flytampa-kaitak.pdf" document in the Flytampa Kai tak folder.  It begins at CH VOR, you fly 7 miles past it on course 270, turn right to heading 045, descend to 6000, and intercept the LOC/GS on 111.90, heading 088.  Be ready to turn right following the lead-in lights and leaving the localizer course.

Miike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I get a Airport not in database in P3DV4 and PMDG 747 V3

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”