Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Help with REX ENB files in P3D

Hi,

I have just discovered the ENB tweaks I am really amazed! 

The problem I face is that the beautiful ENBPlus Natural tweak from timest999 (from the free Stuff section of the REX forums) , is crashing my P3D uppon startup. However it is working randomly roughly 1 in 10 times I try to start P3D. 

Of course if I remove the d3d9.dll etc files, P3D starts normaly.

The error I get in the Event Viewer is :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 1.4.4747.0, time stamp: 0x50253a53

Faulting module name: d3dx9_26.dll, version: 9.7.239.0, time stamp: 0x42964b01

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00103193

Faulting process id: 0x10d4

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb1503358ecaf

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3dx9_26.dll

Report Id: 7a20e63b-1d43-11e3-a55c-902b34da42e2

I am so amazed with this tweak that I have to find a way to make it work. I can't fly anymore without it! Using it with my LCD set to high contrast, the results are amazing!

However, its not a viable solution to restart my PC all the time and waiting for the 1/10 chances for P3D to start without crashing on startup.

I used FXAA as an alternative but it can't beat the ENBPlus Natural tweak. The FXAA however is working without crashing. So, I suspect there is something with the d3d9.dll file of the ENBPlus tweak that make it crash in P3D. In FSX it is working without crashing...

I would be really pleased if someone could help!  smile.png

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D\Prepar3D.exe

I do not use P3D, but I think your installation of P3D is not correct.

It is recommended, however, for which windows 7 or Vista Prepar3D not install in:

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Loocked Martin \ Prepar3D

but in c :/p3d     or c :/ Prepar3D.

The best thing would be to put it in a folder immediately below the root eg  <yourdrive>:/Prepared3D/

This will avoid the problems that often happened also shares with FSX

Regards.

Giovanni

Hello Giovanni, 

Thank you for your reply..Unfortunately it is difficult to uninstall P3D and install it in a different directory as I have many add-ons installed and would require a large amount of time to reconfigure everything. If you are certain that this will solve the problem, I will think of it seriously. But if it is only a speculation it would be a great risk to take.

Also, the faulting application may be Prepar3D.exe, but the faulting module (d3d9_16.dll) is in the main Windows folder.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |

This for FSX:

http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

This for P3D:

http://www.prepar3d.com/frequently-asked-questions/

:unsure:

ENBSeries   INSTALLING:
Extract files from archive in to the game directory or where game execution file exist (.exe).   :huh:

Place both the d3d9.dll and the enbseries.ini file in the MAIN FSX directory with FSX.exe and boot a flight.

Giovanni

Hi,

I have just discovered the ENB tweaks I am really amazed! 

The problem I face is that the beautiful ENBPlus Natural tweak from timest999 (from the free Stuff section of the REX forums) , is crashing my P3D uppon startup. However it is working randomly roughly 1 in 10 times I try to start P3D. 

Of course if I remove the d3d9.dll etc files, P3D starts normaly.

The error I get in the Event Viewer is :

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 1.4.4747.0, time stamp: 0x50253a53
Faulting module name: d3dx9_26.dll, version: 9.7.239.0, time stamp: 0x42964b01
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00103193
Faulting process id: 0x10d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceb1503358ecaf
Report Id: 7a20e63b-1d43-11e3-a55c-902b34da42e2

I am so amazed with this tweak that I have to find a way to make it work. I can't fly anymore without it! Using it with my LCD set to high contrast, the results are amazing!

However, its not a viable solution to restart my PC all the time and waiting for the 1/10 chances for P3D to start without crashing on startup.

I used FXAA as an alternative but it can't beat the ENBPlus Natural tweak. The FXAA however is working without crashing. So, I suspect there is something with the d3d9.dll file of the ENBPlus tweak that make it crash in P3D. In FSX it is working without crashing...

I would be really pleased if someone could help!  smile.png

The way to get round the d3dx9_26.dll crash is to have ENBSeries disabled on FSX/P3D startup, edit its *ini file and change the following:

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=1.....make this 0

To enable once FSX/P3D running press SHIFT/F12

This d3dx9_26.dll module crashes no matter where your sim is installed as I have P3D on its own drive.  You still will however get d3d9.dll crashes when accessing menus etc, it simply isnt fully compatible.

Chris Ibbotson

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Thank you very much guys!

I have made it work the last days. I have co-discovered these tweaks and its now working great.

I have found a set of 'rules' to avoid crashing and it is just amazing!

I will make a thread when I have completed my 'research' in ENB-P3D for how to avoid crashes.

Thanks again for your help!

To be honest I dont think you can cure the d3d9.dll crashes, I have tried various modules and various config files from different sources..personal, FTX, Flight1..all cause crashes, same goes with the other lighting module FXAA which uses its own version of the d3d9.dll.  Ive become to sick of crashes lately using either and whilst they pointed most of the time to the d3d9 file I also got loads of menu.dll and terrain error messages.  After a full defrag of my system and removing any form of enhanced lighting modules I was able to fly for a couple of hrs, opening and closing menus, changing aircrafts and scenery settings without a single crash.  I then tried REX's Natural ENBseries and sim crashed within 10 mins

Chris Ibbotson

Read a lot about SweetFX which is rumored to be more stable in FSX but it simply does not work in P3D, sim wont start and no one has found a way of making it work

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson