Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh v2 CANDA - ANOTHER PREVIEW

Hi guys,

Yes, STILL NOT A RELEASE but at least some new screenshots - and proof that this project is alive - from Canada which received a very nice landclass update over the last weeks which will make it a worthy addition in the HD Mesh v2 regions!

You can check the pictures out here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshV2CanadaPREVIEW

For the final (I don't even dare to say, but I now really really hope for this autumn) release I am still waiting for a few things to happen:

• X-Plane 10.30 needs to become available, as it will bring a quite large set of texture updates and a few important new terrain types which the HD Mesh relies on. Without this, it won't work.
  • Some final code changes in the scenery generator are in the makings which - I hope - will further improve the cities (but I don't want to tell too much)
  • And some final data tweakings (but most of this is now done - thats why I can showcase Canada)

And because of the postponed release I will also do one more complete OSM data import for the entire project in about two weeks (around the first days of October), so who ever wants to do some improvements in OSM, then this might be a good time to do so ...

I would also repeat (before you ask) the planned coverage:

• Europe (this time, entire Europe)
  • USA (complete)
  • Alaska
  • Canada (possibly not all of it, but definitely the South and West ...)

*******, those mountains are breathtaking! Thanks so much for your work!

You mentioned new texture sets from 10.30 - are these screenshots displaying any of them?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

You mentioned new texture sets from 10.30 - are these screenshots displaying any of them?

Yes, of course ...I am - most of the time - working with (more or less) up to date artwork set.

That looks amazing Andras ... I look forward to it! Cheers, Kris P.

I noticed what looks to be a beautiful rendition of the Marjorie Glacier.  Could the same technique be applied to Niagara Falls?  :blush:

fortunately we have someone like Alpenpilotx who provides such fantastic scenery!

Those mountain forests could look even more realistic if there was some variation in tree colors (like autumn leaves). the current implementation appears too homogenous. any chance for a change?

thanks for such breathtaking scenery!

something to look forward to during those long winter days. 

Fantastic work!!! As soon as XP implements seasons, I am so there again.

Best, Michael

KDFW

For the final (I don't even dare to say, but I now really really hope for this autumn) release I am still waiting for a few things to happen:

• X-Plane 10.30 needs to become available, as it will bring a quite large set of texture updates and a few important new terrain types which the HD Mesh relies on. Without this, it won't work.

Any idea as to when version 10.30 might be available and what else it would contain?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

The forest topic (about making them more varied etc.) is a long standing story at Laminar ... we have quite a few ideas (and even some tech) to improve this, but still didn't have the time to take on this "project" ... Lately there were even ideas to experiment with real 3D trees ... Well, I hope that this part of the scenery will get a little bit more "love" over the - say - coming year (as I told, ideas are in place ...).

Any idea as to when version 10.30 might be available and what else it would contain?

No, the timing of a new release (and what it contains from coding perspective, or other areas which are not directly scenery related) is something in the hands of Austin and Ben ... But I think, the beta should start quite soon.

Out of interest, is there any plan to include more road types in X-Plane?  At the moment I only count:

1.  Wide two lane streets

2.  Four lane highways

3.  Motorways.

(+ sub designations like motorway link roads)

It would be nice to see some narrower roads, as a lot of roads depicted are simply far too wide compared to their real life counterparts.  From what I can see in OSM, there are about 8 distinct road designations (+ sub designations) that span the range from motorway, right down to agriculture/forest track.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Highway

If X-plane has artwork to cover the full range depicted in OSM, then that would go a long way to stop making the roads looking chunky (particularly on UK residential streets).

I don't know, as I am not so much the artist guy ... But I know, that creating the road artwork is far from simple. The visual representation of the many different crossing etc. makes it quite complicated to create. Technically there are no real limits to what would be possible ... its rather - as so often - a question of time / resources as someone has to create the artwork too.

Fantastic work!!! As soon as XP implements seasons, I am so there again.

seasons are being developed for 2014 release.

But do you mean XP10.## somewhere during 2014, or already XP11?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hmmm, was hoping for an earlier release than that. I mostly fly northern hemisphere when I'm not round the world touring, and it's going to make using real weather a bit of an immersion breaker if the air temperature is icing my wings up on the ground but still lush green is all around me...

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea