Sign in to follow this  
matt79

B717 / MD95

I agree with some of you. I dont have the time for longhaul, so not interested in the 747/777. You say that the MD11 didnt sell well and I believe you. But the J41 and DC6 aren´t mainstream aircrafts, too. For that reason I still hope there is a chance for something like the 717, ATR72-600 or E-Jets.

DC6 doesn't have much in the way of avionics, and will be a 'light' product, like the B1900 was, so that the 3d modelers, texture guys, and flight dynamics guys have something to do while the FMC Avionics guys make the 777-300ER, and 747v2 do the things those are meant to do with all the Navigation avionics and so on. I'm sure it's the complicated systems that take the longest to complete, and it's those same systems that don't exist in the DC6.

J4100 came at a time when there were no other turboprops for FSX, and so it was that or some default kingair *cringe*. If the JS41 was released today I reckon it wouldn't do half as well, as it has some stiff competition in the Q400 over at MJC, and the Dash-8 is far more common an aircraft to see in the real world. (I myself use the JS41 as a pretend Metro Merlin and/or Saab 340 sometimes)

I'm not sure how a jet would go, but the 727 work for 'easy uncomplicated avionics', and give the 3d modelers a bit of something to do, while the VOR/DME ADF and heading hold/altitude hold/CWS do their thing.

A PMDG 727 with this 1vct.jpg and a sound set with the quality of the new T7... E-ehh.. I dream on..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

On a side note, I know PMDG doesn't want to step on any toes over at Level D, but I wish they would just buy the 757 project off of them or something and get it finished. It'll be a vintage aircraft by the time Level D releases it.

+1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Throw all those in the recycle bin , lets see a 787  ^_^ . Better yet an A380 ( dunno why no reputable dev will attempt this is beyond me) If you want old , then give me a B-52 That aircraft has a longer service record than anything...period -  and it's a boeing.

I think your thread was deleted because it was turning into a discussion about the rules and whether or not they are justified.

I wouldn't bet on PMDG making the 717. She wasn't a popular airplane and the majority of PMDG's customers may not buy it. Ask yourself, would you put money and effort into making a product that would never sell?.

Neither was the MD11 popular with airlines...Delta just invested heavily in Critter's 717s...

I fully agree with the sentiment. The only real difference between flying the 777 and the 737 is the quirky fly-by-wire performance in FSX.  Very similar systems, flows and procedures.  These planes are all designed to be flown 95% on AP - so what is there for us to do?  Go watch TV...

Glad the DC6 is coming along.  That you will have to fly and navigate - and that challenge will be fun.  The same fun I have flying the coolsky dc9.

Colin Ware

Seattle

DC6 doesn't have much in the way of avionics, and will be a 'light' product, like the B1900 was, so that the 3d modelers, texture guys, and flight dynamics guys have something to do while the FMC Avionics guys make the 777-300ER, and 747v2 do the things those are meant to do with all the Navigation avionics and so on. I'm sure it's the complicated systems that take the longest to complete, and it's those same systems that don't exist in the DC6.

J4100 came at a time when there were no other turboprops for FSX, and so it was that or some default kingair *cringe*. If the JS41 was released today I reckon it wouldn't do half as well, as it has some stiff competition in the Q400 over at MJC, and the Dash-8 is far more common an aircraft to see in the real world. (I myself use the JS41 as a pretend Metro Merlin and/or Saab 340 sometimes)

I'm not sure how a jet would go, but the 727 work for 'easy uncomplicated avionics', and give the 3d modelers a bit of something to do, while the VOR/DME ADF and heading hold/altitude hold/CWS do their thing.

I'm pretty sure the engine modelling is pretty complex for those powerful rotaries...

Throw all those in the recycle bin , lets see a 787  ^_^ . Better yet an A380 ( dunno why no reputable dev will attempt this is beyond me) If you want old , then give me a B-52 That aircraft has a longer service record than anything...period -  and it's a boeing.

Next Level Sim is doing an A380. Looks promising so far.