Sign in to follow this  
carodejko

PMDG777 and IVAO

Hi,

during my first flight on IVAO with PMDG777 I found, that IVAP client change active frequency with him self. Have you seen  same problem Online ? With other plane is everything good without self changing frequency on IVAP.

Thank you

I tryed to use also plane radio panel, but it was the same. Online IVAO ATC contacted me many times, because active frequency was changed.

I need to try again for sure.

Thank you Fabo for your answer...can I ask you what version of IVAP you are using ? The last-one ver.2.0.2?

If for you is working using plane radio, it must be also for me....

Thank you again for your fast answer.

I use 777 in IVAO and haven't had this problem with radios. I'm using latest version of IVAP.

Mikael Leinonen

The only problem i found on IVAO is when you SQUAWK charlie or sierra. It does not change on IVAO application automatically like on Vatsim Squawkbox.

Rupert Perry

Rupert - it does for me. Did you turn on the "Read FSUIPC offsets" option in the IvAp configuration?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

• Upvote 1

I dont understand, IVAP client is still changing my active freq. to 136,970, but on the radio panel of 777 is not this freq. I cant find why or what is this freq. for. With radio panel of 777 I can change only second VHF2 freq on IVAP, but if I select it like active, is again changing to 136,970...

• Upvote 1

There's an FMC option to enable this. This is also described in the manual.

FMC -> PMDG Setup -> Simulation -> Something related to FSX communications -> set to 'NEVER'. Sorry buy currently flying another aircraft and can't be precise about this.

• Upvote 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You just need to enable the speaker/mic for COMM 1 on the radio panel. You should see a row of tiny little rotary knobs, turn the one on the full left over. Problem solved, and this is actually realistic.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

I dont understand, IVAP client is still changing my active freq. to 136,970, but on the radio panel of 777 is not this freq. I cant find why or what is this freq. for. With radio panel of 777 I can change only second VHF2 freq on IVAP, but if I select it like active, is again changing to 136,970...

Unlike other simulated aircraft, the PMDG 777's radio needs electricity to work.

In the real world all aircraft have this 'feature', because Radio's need electricity to recieve and transmit signal.

The 777 has 3 VHF radios. You need to 'turn them on' to be able to listen to them.

In the picture below, VHF L *Left radio* is turned on. You can see this with the VHF L light lit up, the MIC CALL (michrophone is switched on) and the L VHF knob below that turned on and volume up.

If you have MIC CALL off (as is C VHF and R VHF) then the radio is unpowered, not recieving electricity and not turned on. Since 000.000 isn't able to be tuned on IVAO or Vatsim it defaults to the next best thing. 136.975, the highest selectable frequency in VHF Airband. 

b777_radio_audio.jpg

Aircraft that use the RealityXP GNS530/430 as their radio default to 118.00 if the radio is turned off. I'm not sure why PMDG use 136.975, but the effect is the same. The radio is unable to transmit or recieve when it is "turned off".

Squawk sheet Problem: Radio is not functioning

Maintenence Resolution: Radio never functions in "Off" mode.

For more funny Squawk sheet problems, see http://www.campbells.org/Airplanes/airplaneSquawks.html

• Upvote 1

Rupert - it does for me. Did you turn on the "Read FSUIPC offsets" option in the IvAp configuration?

thats very interresting, so i sugest there is no problem using IvAp regarding switching transponder mode using the 777.

...what i understood after reading serval post about online clients and the 777, we have the following information if iam right or ?

PMDG 777 comaptibility to common online flying network clients:

(you have to make shure reading and understanding the PMDG 777 introduction manual first)

- Sqawbox: Frequency change OK, Mode Switch OK using FSUIPC offset. (there are posts that deny that, so it is investigated by PMDG atm and needs to be verified again).

- IvAp: Frequency change OK, Mode Switch OK using FSUIPC offset. (you need to configure IvAp using "Read FSUIPC offsets" as described above by Fabo).

- FSINN: Frequency change OK, Mode Switch NOT implemented. (from side of FSINN, not reading anything regarding transponder mode of the plane or FSUIPC).

it would be nice if someone could correct if nesessary, iam not shure if the transponder IDENT knob is compatible with any of the clients, but would want to know.

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Perfectly now working. For changing freq.via IVAP client set to "FSX communications -> set to 'NEVER" inside FMC. It is also working via only radio panel of 777 with active MIC, if you dont change upper step to NEVER. Thanks a lot to all. I cannot find it fast iside manual.

I am using Ivap 2 and unfortunately I cannot find fsuipc offsets. Maybe I am missing something somewhere