Sign in to follow this  
Pablo Vazquez

Flight Plan with PFPX

Hello,

I just purchased PFPX and have been trying to build a simple plan from KJFK to KMIA and no matter what I do, I keep getting this error when validating the flight

®ROUTE152  FLIGHT NOT APPLICABLE TO IFPS

What am I doing wrong?.. This is happening with every single flight plan that I have tried to create... also, how do I export to PMDG?

Any  help will be appreciated

Thank you

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Hello,

I just purchased PFPX and have been trying to build a simple plan from KJFK to KMIA and no matter what I do, I keep getting this error when validating the flight

®ROUTE152  FLIGHT NOT APPLICABLE TO IFPS

What am I doing wrong?.. This is happening with every single flight plan that I have tried to create... also, how do I export to PMDG?

Any  help will be appreciated

Thank you

Hi,

you don't need to validate your KJFK-KMIA flight plan since you're not flying into the eurocontrol airspace, that's the reason for the route error.

To export to PMDG, once your FPL is completed and released just click on export in the upper menu and then select PMDG Files.

You're flying in the US so IFPS does not apply to this flight plan.

I copied this from a PDF that I googled.

http://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/publications/ifim/us_restrictions/fdc_notams/pdf/EUROPE_EUROCONTROL_IFPS.pdf

All aircraft flying into, departing from or transiting Europe within the General Air Traffic (GAT) Civil

system must file an International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) flight plan with the Integrated Initial

Flight Plan Processing System (IFPS) managed by the EUROCONTROL Central Flow Management Unit.

The PMDG export option without the NGX in the title is .rt2 format for their older products. The NGX, 777 and newer products use the (NGX).rte option.

Edit: Looks like Reno just beat me to it by a few minutes.

Chuck Biggins

to OP

Beware that the latest update of PFPX now only exports flightplans it creates as CCCCAAAA,rte2 and not XXXXYYYY.rte as it did before the Update and as a result, when making a Route Request in the FMC, you will not see that rte2 f/p. I now create mine using my older AivlaSoft's EFB which does export to the PMDG/Flightplans directory in that .rte format.

If you choose the NGX export it will save rte-files.

Is that without having the NGX installed?

Yep, it will save a *.rte file in the plan directory, picks up just fine in the T7 :)

23.png

I can also say everything works the same for me after the latest update.

Chuck Biggins

Thanks for that enlightenment, as I do not have the NGX installed.

No need to bother with that NGX folder any more, as the very latest PFPX Update which has just been released now converts those flightplans to VVVVWWWW.rte formats and it displays correctly in the T7 FMC when making a Route Request.

Those files should go to your <FSX>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS like it says. Not >Documents\Flight Simulator X Files.

You need to tell PFPX where your <FSX>\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS folder is by highlighting it in the list and clicking "Browse" at the top of the screen. This is where the PMDG FMC will look for the flightplan.

When its set up correctly it will work.

PFPX has worked flawlessly on all my PMDG aircraft including the .rt2 on the 747.

The update has nothing to do with your problems. It's just a simple misunderstanding of what is happening when a plan is exported.

Chuck Biggins

PFPX and pmdg ngx/777. When I try to export my FP I get an error message saying can't write to file c \ ProgramFiles((86)\MicrosoftGames\Microsoft Flight Simulator\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\777\LOWILSGG01.rte

Andy, not sure why you get that.... I've not seen it mentioned here recently.  Make sure that the path is correct and that you are running PFPX with admin rights.

Dan Downs KCRP