Sign in to follow this  
Guest IanK

Simulating turboprops in FS9

I think I have read that because of some limitation in FS9 it's difficult to correctly simulate a turboprop.I would like to have this clarified. Exactly what is the problem?In what way does the simulation become unrealistic? Does this apply to all turboprop for FS9 or does some circumvent the problem?Does this mean that if we wan't highest realism we should stay away from turboprops and go for piston engine planes?BTW I have the following turboprops1) The F1 Meridian2) The PMDG B1900D3) No one yet. Whould it be a good idea to fill in this slot? With what?

Guest allcott

Or the ATR72.Best place to go for current discussion on the limitations of the engine modelling evelope of turboprops is either the Aeroworx forum or the ATR forum.Allcott

Guest IanK

Hello all,I don't think there is a technical problem with TPs but some authors must be unable to understand how to make them while others produce excellent models such as the ATR-72.The TP model is well understood in the .air files. It is a combination of a prop model with all the prop tables and a turbojet model with the thrust tables plus a new T1548 which gives some altitude derating for a TP. If you have any further problems just pop in to:for forum supporthttp://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/f...w.asp?forumid=5Ian