Sign in to follow this  
FlyVFR

Can PMDG work with HiFi to bring us a working weather radar?

That it will be a bunch of pretty colors in random places.

Except that ASN knows where the clouds and precipitation are.  This is something we've never had before.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Except that ASN knows where the clouds and precipitation are.  This is something we've never had before.

Hook

And that's why I'd assume that a wx radar is either tailor-made to ASN - or still of the 'legacy' type. Or, maybe, a radar of the ASN type with a fallback mode, in case a different wx engine is in use?!?

No trim sounds on the A320Neo family, nor even the A320-E family - would be a daft move to change now

Sorry for being off-topic again (for the last time, promised!):

So what we have learned is that "Aerosoft's Airbus Extended" trim sound is only "programmer's fantasy" and we should not expect "flightsimlabs" to introduce any audible trim on its A320... (Accepted from my side.)

ON TOPIC:

Will "flightsimlabs" introduce a WXR though? iFLY, Aerosoft and probably PMDG are about to do so...  ^_^

Greetings,

Claus

And that's why I'd assume that a wx radar is either tailor-made to ASN - or still of the 'legacy' type. Or, maybe, a radar of the ASN type with a fallback mode, in case a different wx engine is in use?!?

Oops.  I missed the part about "works with all wx engines".  I don't want to get into the debate about the impossibility of having working weather radar, but there's an old saying:  "If a man tells you something is possible, he's almost certainly right.  If a man tells you something is impossible, he's almost certainly wrong."  Also, "Anything is possible except skiing through a revolving door."

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

but there's an old saying:  "If a man tells you something is possible, he's almost certainly right.  If a man tells you something is impossible, he's almost certainly wrong."

:good:

Will "flightsimlabs" introduce a WXR though? iFLY, Aerosoft and probably PMDG are about to do so...  ^_^

Like also PMDG stated: PERHAPS...

Been saying that a wx that detects the actual rain is possible for ages now as well.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Another quote from the above mentioned Aerosoft thread:

"Other developers have found it as well, they are just weeks behind us on this. "

Finally in 2014: WXR units in the pedestals get ready!

I love it!

Greetings,

Claus

IIRC don't the NGX and T7 already have the maximum amount of animations in the VC and a working WX would not be possible due to the limit being reached?

Chris Camp

IIRC don't the NGX and T7 already have the maximum amount of animations in the VC and a working WX would not be possible due to the limit being reached?

As it is built into the NAV display unit, I think it is more a function of coding it all. The switch already works, that's gotta tell us they left the pathway open right? I don't see that many more animations would be required.

Please NO! PMDG already has difficulties in comming out with the B777X patch and now you want them to integrate a weather radar in? It is comming up to almost half a year since the initial release of the B777X and we are still waiting for the patch. And now they announce it will be released together with the B777-300ER. You want the product to be released another 5 years from now?

Please NO! PMDG already has difficulties in comming out with the B777X patch and now you want them to integrate a weather radar in? It is comming up to almost half a year since the initial release of the B777X and we are still waiting for the patch. And now they announce it will be released together with the B777-300ER. You want the product to be released another 5 years from now?

Please NO! PMDG already has difficulties in comming out with the B777X patch and now you want them to integrate a weather radar in?

YES !!!

Ok. mr Daniel Bryan. You will say YES! YES! YES!

PMDG will however say NO! NO! NO! Not possible to accurately model a weather radar inside their products. They only go for realism, etc etc. You did not notice no windshear warning inside the PMDG products either?(at least on those I have used the MD-11, B777X, B747, B737 NGX and the B737 Legacy. Cuz not realistic? But when it suits them it becomes less realistic? Remember flying the B747-800 with a B747-400 cockpit as the B748 was a "visual extention"?

YES !!!

And now they announce it will be released together with the B777-300ER

Think they announced this on the 20 nov2013 , so don't know  where you got the idea " now" from

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg