Sign in to follow this  
11jovic

Aircraft trim edit?

Evening all hope everyone is well,

I want to change my trim settings but its for the wilco aircraft and they have given me no response what so ever and its been 2 weeks now :(

Its automatic and its frustrating i want to take it away so when i trim up or down it will stay to what i trim if anyone can help would be greatly apreciated.

Is it something in the aircraft.cfg i can change which i will do i just want it to say go from 0.0 and when i trim to 1.5 i want it to stay at 1.5 and no change automatically which it does.

Kind regards

jovic staddon

Is it something in the aircraft.cfg i can change which i will do i just want it to say go from 0.0 and when i trim to 1.5 i want it to stay at 1.5 and no change automatically which it does.

There is a way to adjust the trim effectiveness in the aircraft.cfg file.  I have made this adjustment in several aircraft because the trim is too sensitive (nose slightly down - go one tick nose up on the trim - now nose slightly up - on tick down - back to nose slightly down attitude - rinse, repeat).  I make my trim effectiveness 0.5 or 0.6 in most cases -

It sounds like your trim is OK when you set it but it is changing back (?to neutral) by itself?  There is a hot key you can set in FSX to center the rudder or the aileron trim but none for the elevator so that would not be it.  Is it possible you are hitting the keyboard keys for trim adjustment (Num 7 and Num 1 are the FSX defaults)?

no dw i think i have it now thanks anyways i changed the aircraft trim settings like you said and its not 100% but its alot easier :D

The Airbus auto-trims in real life so in principle Wilco's model is correct (in other words, if you don't want auto-trim, don't fly an Airbus).

However, Wilco's implementation of the Airbus trim process has some odd quirks - although, by using the correct settings, you can successfully avoid problems.

There was a discusiion on VatSim about the Wilco Airbus early last year and you might find this of interest ...

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=57999

... see especially Kirk Christie's post of 21 January 2012 about the necessity to fly the Wilco Airbus in Expert mode and to set the sensitivity levels correctly (and also his emphasis on how the Airbus can't be flown in the same way as a Boeing aircraft).

Regards

Brian Wilks