Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

iOS 7 Win or Fail

They definately tweaked the autocorrection and copy/paste function. Seems way more polished. Plus I love the fact that the music player transport functions remain static on the lock screen. No more having to double tap the home button.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Same here. I installed it on my iPhone 5 yesterday and I absolutely love the new look (after some getting used to I must admit). 

I used to charge my iPhone only during the night when I'm asleep, but both yesterday and today I needed to charge it again at the end of the afternoon to get through the evening.

Give the suggestions in the link I posted above a go. There are new features that let apps do more in the background, which may be the cause of your battery life troubles.

Give the suggestions in the link I posted above a go. There are new features that let apps do more in the background, which may be the cause of your battery life troubles.

Thanks, will give it a shot!

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I found that web page earlier today and tried the suggestions, but unfortunately it didn't improve anything. With the 4S I had the same battery drainage issue after another update - lost 1% every minute! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

My screen shot.

I guess it's players preference but I like it. I'm on 4s and does a lot more than ios 6.

It's quicker and easier to navigate and smooth in my experience.

I'm still running Windows XP on my home computer , as I won't change, just because if it works good, then why change .I say back up your phone, if you don't like, change it back.

Posted Image

iOS 7 is a win for me. Lots of functions are now more streamlined and intuitive. Settings are way better organized. Siri is much improved and AirDrop is a welcomed treat. Since updating on release day I've come to really like the updated colors, animations and sounds (lots of them, and some very cool ones). I haven't seen any lagginess or battery issues at all.

No exaggeration, the new iOS has made my iPhone 5 and iPad 3 feel brand new again.

In the Books app, search for:

iPhone User Guide for iOS 7

iPad User Guide for iOS 7

iPod User Guide for iOS 7

From Apple, all free, extremely detailed, thorough and very well done. They'll answer most of your questions about iOS 7.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Updated 2 iPhone 5's, 1 iPad 3, 1 iPad2, and 1 iPad Mini.

Everything's running like clockwork.  Love the update.

Stan

Because it's such a "dramatic" change from what people are used to, there are always going to be people who don't like the change, or any change, but actually, the overall response has been far more positive than I think most people expected. Having had it for a couple of days now, I really like it. I can see how some people can dislike the change in aesthetic, although I personally love it. As for the battery issues, I wasn't having any problem, but having now read several articles, I can see that users could have a problem, not because of a "flaw" with the OS, but because there are so many other things that can be going on, like apps running in the background, instead of paused, checking for app updates, various location services, all of which are easy to disable if battery life is an issue, and you don't care for those features. But in terms of the UI, although some things are different, and therefore require relearning (although it's a very shallow curve), in every instance the UI is better, smoother, easier, and more intuitive - I don't think there's a single instance I've thought, "Boy, I wish they hadn't changed that." More often than not, I think, "Wow, that's really clever; I never would have thought of that."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I haven't updated my iPad mini quite yet. But based off of seeing my friends use it - I feel as though while the interface seems to be simpler now - with all these bright colors and fun happy blah blah blah it seems to me that how professional the iphone was has dropped in favor of ease of use. Like I said, I'll start it in a little while (week or 2) and then I can make an accurate judgement.

Phone + Pad....changed Lock & Home screen wallpaper to suit new visuals. All good.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

, I can see that users could have a problem, not because of a "flaw" with the OS, but because there are so many other things that can be going on, like apps running in the background, instead of paused, checking for app updates, various location services, all of which are easy to disable if battery life is an issue, and you don't care for those features. 

well, I have disabled the functions that are reported to drain the battery, but the result is the same. Also I earlier wrote that my iPad mini didn't seem affected but unfortunately it isn't so.  Was at 100% when I left home and when I returned home 9 hours later it was empty... I do have locations services on but always shut down apps I don't use and have auto update disabled. 

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I'm not sure what to tell you; you're obviously having problems, but I don't think it's inherent to the OS itself, or it would be widely reported that most users were having problems, as opposed to a few. For example, in the 4 hours I've been using my phone this morning, I've lost maybe 15-18%, and that's with maximum brightness, texting, using this app, some GPS to get to my daughter's CC meet, and taking some video (not continuously, obviously). I replaced the battery on my phone about 6 months ago (I think about 18 months is when they really start to take a hit), so it's relatively new. Since you're not running apps in the background, it can't be that. The only other thing I can think of is all of the location services for system services, including frequent locations, but if you have that off, that shouldn't be the culprit. The only other options I can think of are push for mail all mail, calendars, etc., or some 3rd party app that's leaking power.

Like I said, you're not "wrong" - if all things being equal and the only thing that changed is the OS, it's obviously related, but my suspicion is that something was changed from a previous, more efficient setting in the settings by Apple when the OS was installed that's buried under a series of submenus.

I'm sure you have, but I'd thoroughly look around all of your settings for all of your applications - it does seen that the update changed some of the settings I had previously to ones which are more battery sucking.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

I'm not sure what to tell you; you're obviously having problems, but I don't think it's inherent to the OS itself, or it would be widely reported that most users were having problems, as opposed to a few. For example, in the 4 hours I've been using my phone this morning, I've lost maybe 15-18%, and that's with maximum brightness, texting, using this app, some GPS to get to my daughter's CC meet, and taking some video (not continuously, obviously). I replaced the battery on my phone about 6 months ago (I think about 18 months is when they really start to take a hit), so it's relatively new. Since you're not running apps in the background, it can't be that. The only other thing I can think of is all of the location services for system services, including frequent locations, but if you have that off, that shouldn't be the culprit. The only other options I can think of are push for mail all mail, calendars, etc., or some 3rd party app that's leaking power.

Like I said, you're not "wrong" - if all things being equal and the only thing that changed is the OS, it's obviously related, but my suspicion is that something was changed from a previous, more efficient setting in the settings by Apple when the OS was installed that's buried under a series of submenus.

I'm sure you have, but I'd thoroughly look around all of your settings for all of your applications - it does seen that the update changed some of the settings I had previously to ones which are more battery sucking.

Brian, thanks for your thorough comment!

I've had this problem before when installing an update on my 4S. Then I was losing 1% every minute and my only action that "solved" it was to drain the battery (which was easy :D ), fully recharge it and then do a fresh install on the phone and re-install everything.

I am afraid this is what I'll end up doing this time too, tiresome as it may be. I guess I should look at it from the bright side! It will probably be the quicker route. And it's like when you move from one place to another, you end up throwing away lots of stuff that you really don't use. I might not really need those hundreds of apps I have bought!  :rolleyes:

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------