Sign in to follow this  
michelair

ORBX - KBZN... Going to Faint...

Chris,

Definitely a small world.  I started training in April 2004 and received my PPL Oct '04.

Might have to drop out at Felts while you're in town, and have a visit.  I'll buy you a cup of coffee at the Skyway Café.  It's been a long time since I've been out there.  Was 738BS orange and white?  I was going through my photo album looking for the three 172s I flew while I was there for training, and after I received my PPL I rented.  The first 172 I flew, and flew the most was N3334E, then it was N733BT.  But I can't remember the third, and I'm sure it orange and white, and, I'm sure the first number was 7. ha  After I received my PPL I flew 3BT all the time.

You may remember the 210 that caught on fire in Kalispell that Felts owned.  I copiloted that aircraft a couple of times during some test flights.  Didn't control the aircraft, just took readings of all gauges.  Flew from Felts to COE and back for the test flights.  That was fun. 

Then I went back to Montana and haven't flown since.  I miss it a lot.

My brother flies a King Air (Chief Pilot) for the company that owns Justin Boot Company out of Fort Worth. A couple of years ago he flew up here in his 172.  I've flown with him a couple of times during my visits down there.  He and my dad, and my wife are the ones that got me into getting my PPL once I retired from the military.

Again, Small World.

Rod

Rod Beck

Chris,

Definitely a small world. I started training in April 2004 and received my PPL Oct '04.

Might have to drop out at Felts while you're in town, and have a visit. I'll buy you a cup of coffee at the Skyway Café. It's been a long time since I've been out there. Was 738BS orange and white? I was going through my photo album looking for the three 172s I flew while I was there for training, and after I received my PPL I rented. The first 172 I flew, and flew the most was N3334E, then it was N733BT. But I can't remember the third, and I'm sure it orange and white, and, I'm sure the first number was 7. ha After I received my PPL I flew 3BT all the time.

You may remember the 210 that caught on fire in Kalispell that Felts owned. I copiloted that aircraft a couple of times during some test flights. Didn't control the aircraft, just took readings of all gauges. Flew from Felts to COE and back for the test flights. That was fun.

Then I went back to Montana and haven't flown since. I miss it a lot.

My brother flies a King Air (Chief Pilot) for the company that owns Justin Boot Company out of Fort Worth. A couple of years ago he flew up here in his 172. I've flown with him a couple of times during my visits down there. He and my dad, and my wife are the ones that got me into getting my PPL once I retired from the military.

Again, Small World.

Rod

Hi Rod,

I flew for Spokane Airways when Felts went out of business. Spokane Airways bought 738BS from Felts and that's how I was able to teach in it. IIRC their other 172 had a prop strike. I was up at Spokane Airways between 2009 and 2011 then I moved to Hawaii to fly for Island Air. Now I am back for a dream job at Felts.

Did you fly with Rickey Harber while you were flying out of Felts?

I'll be leaving on a trip Wednesday if you are around.