Sign in to follow this  
mjerry6

NAV-RADIO page FMC

After electrical power up, nav radio page is always manually tuned. The ILS should be on PARK, not too sure about the VORs.

Friends of flight VA "Dominating the African Sky"

Founder (FOF)
FOF001.png

With my CDU I notice that on the Nav-Radio page, I can not change the radials for either the VOR's or the ILS.  Also there is no option for inputting NDB frequencies and on the front control panel, the VOR selects 1 & 2 only can select VOR, off or Inop at the bottom.  There should be an option for each NAV select to choose either VOR-1, off, NDB and same for VOR-2 toggle switch.

With my CDU I notice that on the Nav-Radio page, I can not change the radials for either the VOR's or the ILS.  Also there is no option for inputting NDB frequencies and on the front control panel, the VOR selects 1 & 2 only can select VOR, off or Inop at the bottom.  There should be an option for each NAV select to choose either VOR-1, off, NDB and same for VOR-2 toggle switch.

Robert,

According to FCOM Vol 2, 11.20.12 ADF (aka NDB) is a customer option on the 777. My guess is that PMDG has chosen to not have ADF installed, Ryan/Kyle can possibly confirm.

Cheers,

Søren Dissing

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Are you flying the freighter? They modeled the ADF in the PAX version, but not the F.

Steve Caffey

I have another problem. After choosing the RW for landing ILS is always 113.70/000 M. I do not find a way to get the automatic and right frequency and CRS. I installed the Navigraph Airac 09/2013.

Regards Tom

My guess is that PMDG has chosen to not have ADF installed, Ryan/Kyle can possibly confirm.

Correct.  Plus, if you look at a lot of the (IR) training syllabi out there, you'll note that they don't even contain NDB approaches.  There just really isn't too much of a use for them anymore.  Sure, there are NDB approaches out there, but I can't find an airport that the 777 would fly into that doesn't have another (and likely better) approach to it.  Even without the others, that NDB approach likely has a GPS overlay approach.

Kyle Rodgers

Correct.  Plus, if you look at a lot of the (IR) training syllabi out there, you'll note that they don't even contain NDB approaches.  There just really isn't too much of a use for them anymore.  Sure, there are NDB approaches out there, but I can't find an airport that the 777 would fly into that doesn't have another (and likely better) approach to it.  Even without the others, that NDB approach likely has a GPS overlay approach.

Actually up until the other month, EGBB had ILS, NDB and SRA, no RNAV or VOR available. If ILS OOS it was NDB or SRA. UAE fly twice a Day there in 77W. PIA and AIC all operated 777 also out of there at various times. There is now a RNAV approaches.

But how an NDB is even allowed still in todays world is beyond me. You would never get a Safety case through now if someone suggested it as being a viable way of landing a plane.

Are you flying the freighter? They modeled the ADF in the PAX version, but not the F.

Interesting, It only loaded one 777 in my FSX so It probably is the freighter version.  But I don't see PAX version.

fsx-2.jpg

Check this box.

Yes, thank you.  I already had that option clicked.  Stupid me, I just didn't notice the passenger version which was up and left one row.  I figured it would be next to one another and not separated by a row of airplanes.  Anyway, it works fine with the PAX version.  Good to go!

Yes, thank you.  I already had that option clicked.  Stupid me, I just didn't notice the passenger version which was up and left one row.  I figured it would be next to one another and not separated by a row of airplanes.  Anyway, it works fine with the PAX version.  Good to go!

Install a few liveries... they'll move along one,

and like the song, "The little one said move-over move-over, and they all moved over and one dropped down to the next line...

But how an NDB is even allowed still in todays world is beyond me. You would never get a Safety case through now if someone suggested it as being a viable way of landing a plane.

I think you'll find that is why they call it is non-precision approach.

Better ban visual approaches then, too. :P

ILS and MLS are the only approaches classed as precision approaches. RNAV and GNSS approaches use GPS as primary, and have a laundry list of requirements before you can conduct approaches with them. I personally don't like them because of the GPS element.

Best regards,

Robin.