Sign in to follow this  
Ruzzo

Should I wait?

Should I wait for the B744v2? Or just go for the B744v1 now?

Thoughts?

Well remember it was an FS2004 product, then ported for FSX.  Visually its not as good as the 737/777 due to the age.

Systems wise, good because its all there.

If you cant wait, then go for it now, but I don't think the new 747 wont be released until at least this time next year. I could be wrong.

Remember, you won't get a discount if you buy now, and the other model later.

Check the NGX and T7 features:

Do you want to have them included in your 744 (where appropriate)? Wait for v2.0 and pay the price (to be determined).

You like what you see in the current 744 feature list? V1.0 is a bargain, compared to the T7 ...

Yes wait

It depends if you already have the NGX, 777 plus some other top quality birds from other companies and money to burn. The queen is a real beauty but I thing v2 will be something to wait for.

I have the 747 and it's a great add on but since owning the NGX and now the 777 I have not flown it. So my advice would be to wait. I still fly and enjoy the MD11 so that may be worth considering.

My opinion: If you have the MD-11 or 777... wait.

If you don't, consider whether you would be bying the 744v2 as it comes out anyway. If yes - rather buy the MD-11 or 777 - that way you will end up with two different airplanes when you buy the 747, rather than two versions of the same one.

If you think you wouldn't buy the 747 if you had the old one, and don't want two different longhaulers... then it might be a more difficult question.

Why wait? It is not like it is exactly expensive. Probably less then a night at the movies.

Why wait? It is not like it is exactly expensive. Probably less then a night at the movies.

Depends on a person.... OP is from Wales, so I imagine it is within his "usual spending money" scope, not in "I need to save for this for a while" scope, but I still think saving some 55 bucks (or getting the MD-11 instead) is a significant enough choice.

V2 better blow my socks off. If I purchased V2, it would effectively be the third time I've paid for the 744(FS9, X, and now V2).

-john paul

V2 better blow my socks off. If I purchased V2, it would effectively be the third time I've paid for the 744(FS9, X, and now V2).

-john paul

Crikey, I hadn't thought of it like that...I'll end up doing the same.

Grrrr! I hate to think about the total amount of money I've spent in the last decade on this game, hobby, addiction, madness?

Ok fellas, I've decided on the MD-11 with McPhat MD-11 World Airliners 4 repaint package and I'll wait for the V2 744.

Crikey, I hadn't thought of it like that...I'll end up doing the same.

Grrrr! I hate to think about the total amount of money I've spent in the last decade on this game, hobby, addiction, madness?

IIRC, I also paid additional for the 744F for FS9 when it was released as well.

If it's priced roughly the same as the 777 is, I'll have to seriously examine whether it's worth it for some eye candy and a few other features implemented in PMDG's latest works. Hopefully, PMDG will give us legacy 744 owners a discount the same way they did with the 744X for existing FS9 owners. Otherwise, I'm fine flying the X.

-jp