Sign in to follow this  
sjed

DX10 Fixer finally released.

Guys,

$32.00 for flying with all the advantage of DX10 is a steal if you ask me, not saying that everybody is on the same level money wise but $32.00 cover the entire FSX world, you'll be able to push more of all your sliders to the right...

Edit: Now, if the vast majority of Avsim's simmers switch to DX10 you all make sure that your next add on purchase is 100% FSX DX10 compatible guaranty by the developers, no compromise, they can and should make their planes or sceneries 100% DX10 compatible for us if that's the only thing we are welling to buy.

Hey! Alain! We're on the same side! Seriously, this is a great moment in FSX, and is worth the bucks.

I just bought and installed. Testing with Ftx global. Looks great so far- night lighting is outstanding.

Just one question... My rain shader option in dx10 fixer is grayed out ... Anyone else with this ? I had a quick scan of the manual and didn't see a reason for it.

Ident,

Before you purchase his fixes...try this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8dsNs3EW_Y&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIok5HeTaVZBd--OjYVqLwQ it did removed the black spot and the rain.

He's using Steve's free patches to do this. Available here at Avsim. However - I don't think that those squares will disappear any time soon, as the fix is an error in the programmer's code, just as was my error.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

My rain shader and water shader are both grayed out. I thought I would read the manual to see if it gave me any clues. I am very happy with what I have seen so far: smoother transition from view to view, better FPS, and minimal drop in FPS with those darn storm clouds!!! :lol:

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

My rain shader and water shader are both grayed out. I thought I would read the manual to see if it gave me any clues. I am very happy with what I have seen so far: smoother transition from view to view, better FPS, and minimal drop in FPS with those darn storm clouds!!! :lol:

You should see my hair... :Clown:

I just bought and installed. Testing with Ftx global. Looks great so far- night lighting is outstanding.

Just one question... My rain shader option in dx10 fixer is grayed out ... Anyone else with this ? I had a quick scan of the manual and didn't see a reason for it.

the manual sez the options are available if you have the default shaders installed when the fixer is installed.  if you already had the old rain shader fix in, that may be why.

Hi Richard - It fixed my FT St Maartens a long time ago. It would not fix my very very old FS9 version of San Diego - but I will give it another shot, as lots of water has gone under the bridge since i last looked at it.

No - the DX10 Fixer is not the same as the freeware patches. It fixes the grey & white stuff!

Does it fix the missing stuff?

Kacper Nowotynski

I have to agree on that night lighting, Dan! Wow! FTX Global, and OIrbx's Freeware Van Nuys airport, just north of the LAX basin, midnight. Wow!

The reason the rain is greyed out, is that you have the fix already there, so it doesn't replace it. If you want a complete new suite of the original ShadersHLSL code, just blow away the old HLSL folder, and replace it with your backed-up folder ( you DID back it up - right! :lol:  )  and then reinstall the Fixer, and all boxes will then present themselves as original. Here's a Stock HLSL folder if you need it!

Enjoy!

All the Best!

Does it fix the missing stuff?

That one's a bit more difficult. There are a set of instructions at the back of the manual which will help you do this. One of the problems is that there can be more than one reason for a missing texture, but the Toolbox is there to enable you to do this. There will probably be more on this subject I expect.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I have to agree on that night lighting, Dan! Wow! FTX Global, and OIrbx's Freeware Van Nuys airport, just north of the LAX basin, midnight. Wow!

The reason the rain is greyed out, is that you have the fix already there, so it doesn't replace it. If you want a complete new suite of the original ShadersHLSL code, just blow away the old HLSL folder, and replace it with your backed-up folder ( you DID back it up - right! :lol:  )  and then reinstall the Fixer, and all boxes will then present themselves as original. Here's a Stock HLSL folder if you need it!

Enjoy!

All the Best!

That one's a bit more difficult. There are a set of instructions at the back of the manual which will help you do this. One of the problems is that there can be more than one reason for a missing texture, but the Toolbox is there to enable you to do this. There will probably be more on this subject I expect.

Thats too bad, I was eager to purchase this if I didnt have to keep switching from dx9 to dx10 completely. But if OMDB and Aerosoft Munich dont show up how they supposed to, along with other airports, this addon is a no go for me.  Im glad its out and helping other though.

Kacper Nowotynski

Thats too bad, I was eager to purchase this if I didnt have to keep switching from dx9 to dx10 completely. But if OMDB and Aerosoft Munich dont show up how they supposed to, along with other airports, this addon is a no go for me.  Im glad its out and helping other though.

Here's a list of European airports that Tomas tested, and I think most of Aerosoft's airport are indeed fixed.

I just  bought this.What can I say: all the sliders to the right (just cars are off and water is at 2.X low) and not one single stutter yet.Not one.I'm doing a night flight  (ftx gloBAL+UTX) and the liights are way nice.It's a different sim ! 

Worth every penny imo.