Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

I agree, well said Kevin.

It is shameful that some people are happy to blame Steve for "not allowing everyone to try out DX10 with this" ...... what a load of baloney..... And telling him it should be sold for $15 ............ sure, devalue the man's skills and time too ...... I guess you lot think he should only be entitled to make 'minimum wage' money for his talents huh?

Honestly, some people are like spoilt kids ........ If you cannot afford it, that's a shame, but it doesn't mean he should be giving it away. I cannot afford a new BMW 3 series, but that doesn't mean they cost too much.

Alain's spot on - if he had charged $64 people would have said "oh man, $32 would have been spot on"......

Just give up with the serious sour grapes :rolleyes:

Anyhoo....... I've got a question;

Are any ATI users using this, and is it still necessary to have to use Radeon Pro to get vync, or does this Fixer provide ATI vysnc without having to use Radeon Pro ?

If they want to stay with DX9 then let em, I say.

I use ATI and as I have three 21inch monitors i use it exclusively on Eyefinity. I use Radeon Pro but to be fair I don't have it set up to run at startup so its only on, when I remember to switch it on (Oops) the point being, that when its on, I don't really notice any difference! Now this may be because I don't have it set up properly (sure I have though) and have not experienced any vsync issues. Can go into more details if you want to PM me. :)

I could tell if this program works with SweetFX at the same time. Thank you

I use SweetFx all the time in DX10 so yes, it works Perfectly. ENB doesn't as it's not DX10 compatible.

Is that the Aerosoft PANC? If so, have you looked for a tool in the scenery folder? It will allow you to enable DX10 mode for AES-Lite.

Thanks I will look for that.  I actually own AES as well so does that make a difference?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I have it but my ground vehicles at PANC are still grey/white.

I'm not sure what's going on ... I'm looking at a red fire truck, a blue baggage loader,  a multi-color fuel truck ... I'll post a screenie when I can.

Dennis

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

If they want to stay with DX9 then let em, I say.

I use ATI and as I have three 21inch monitors i use it exclusively on Eyefinity. I use Radeon Pro but to be fair I don't have it set up to run at startup so its only on, when I remember to switch it on (Oops) the point being, that when its on, I don't really notice any difference! Now this may be because I don't have it set up properly (sure I have though) and have not experienced any vsync issues. Can go into more details if you want to PM me. :)

I use SweetFx all the time in DX10 so yes, it works Perfectly. ENB doesn't as it's not DX10 compatible.

thanks

Does FT KBOS or FB KPHX work?

It does if you change dawn dusk smoothing in fsx cfg to 0

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Does anybody know if FOR THOSE PEOPLE who has followed the free DX10 patcher and How-To-Guide is mandatory to unistall or change something BEFORE install Steve's DX10 fixer?

As Paul indicated before it is recommended that you have the original ShadersHLSL. If you don't then some of the past DX10 shader changes may mean that you will not see the rain and water fixes. Someone correct me is this wrong but I installed ALL of the earlier patches and this was the only change I had to make.

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

As Paul indicated before it is recommended that you have the original ShadersHLSL. If you don't then some of the past DX10 shader changes may mean that you will not see the rain and water fixes. Someone correct me is this wrong but I installed ALL of the earlier patches and this was the only change I had to make.

Interesting you say that; I didn't restore the original ShadersHLSL (and the manual says this is ok) however I have been dubious that the rain and water changes have taken effect.

If I'm reading you correctly your right. Although I had installed all the free patches I also changed my rain so I wouldn't get the dreaded umbrella effect. Because I didn't want to lose this, I decided NOT to re-install the original ShadersHLSL files. I installed the new fixer today and sure enough my rain was greyed out. I didn't know it had these options during install, and when I saw that it was greyed out it was a pleasant surprise after a little head scratching until it dawned on me :)

So yes, to get all the new fixes I agree with Paul, its probably best to reinstate the originals before installing the fixer unless their is something you want to keep.

Interesting you say that; I didn't restore the original ShadersHLSL (and the manual says this is ok) however I have been dubious that the rain and water changes have taken effect.

From Paul:

The reason the rain is greyed out, is that you have the fix already there, so it doesn't replace it. If you want a complete new suite of the original ShadersHLSL code, just blow away the old HLSL folder, and replace it with your backed-up folder ( you DID back it up - right! :lol: ) and then reinstall the Fixer, and all boxes will then present themselves as original. Here's a Stock HLSL folder if you need it!

Enjoy!

All the Best!

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

From Paul:

The reason the rain is greyed out, is that you have the fix already there, so it doesn't replace it. If you want a complete new suite of the original ShadersHLSL code, just blow away the old HLSL folder, and replace it with your backed-up folder ( you DID back it up - right! :lol: ) and then reinstall the Fixer, and all boxes will then present themselves as original. Here's a Stock HLSL folder if you need it!

Enjoy!

All the Best!

Indeed, the Rain and Water options were greyed out as I did have the previous rain fix and a custom water shader. However, when I restored the original rain and water files and then selected them in the Fixer tool config I didn't see the rain and water files get updated/replaced in the ShadersHLSL folder. So, now I'm pondering if I'm using stock files or not (though I don't have the umbrella effect), so perhaps not.

I think the price is well worth it to support development efforts for our old girl. If SP 2 came with this version of DX10, the entire community would have embraced it. This is a great day for FSX. I wonder if everyone realizes the performance benefits of DX10 over DX9? The FSX code for DX10 shifts a substantial amount of processing to the GPU, so FSX is no longer as CPU limited. That creates a smoother flight sim experience with far fewer OOMs. That alone is worth the price of Steve's product for anyone with a modern GPU. Let's face it, other than LM, no one else is working on a new flight sim, and XPlane 10 development has slowed to a crawl. We need to keep development of FSX going! I urge everyone to support Steve's efforts here.

Is that the Aerosoft PANC? If so, have you looked for a tool in the scenery folder? It will allow you to enable DX10 mode for AES-Lite.

Alright...fixed.  thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Alright...fixed. thanks.

Great! Any similar occurrences with Aerosoft sceneries do remember to look for a similar tool. I've missed many in the past myself.

I think the price is well worth it to support development efforts for our old girl. If SP 2 came with this version of DX10, the entire community would have embraced it. This is a great day for FSX. I wonder if everyone realizes the performance benefits of DX10 over DX9? The FSX code for DX10 shifts a substantial amount of processing to the GPU, so FSX is no longer as CPU limited. That creates a smoother flight sim experience with far fewer OOMs. That alone is worth the price of Steve's product for anyone with a modern GPU. Let's face it, other than LM, no one else is working on a new flight sim, and XPlane 10 development has slowed to a crawl. We need to keep development of FSX going! I urge everyone to support Steve's efforts here.

+1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

If any add-on developer charged $32 for a patch would many of you still embrace it?