Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 Fixer released!

I purchased this fixer but i m not able to enable the anti aliasing. I tried to do the changes in NVIDIA but still not working? Anyone knows if anti aliasing can be enabled like in DX9?

X-Plane11

GTX1070 8GB Vram - i7 4770K cpu @3.5GHz Quad core - 16GB RAM

If any add-on developer charged $32 for a patch would many of you still embrace it?

If the developer's patch fixed serious problems in the work of another developer who had abandoned the software which was widely used as a serious hobby with lots of time and money already invested? Erm, yes.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

or are playing devils advocate

Jim IS the Devil's Advocate, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

NAX669.png

Thank you matey, appreciate that.

Heading over to pull the trigger now, so will see how it goes. I'm still expecting to need to use Radeon Pro for a couple of things, so it's no show stopper, it's just that one extra thing to run, set up (I usually have to start it before each flight, or else I don't get vsynx in DX10 with my ATI 7850 2GB). I'm always looking to be able to run less programs! :lol:

Cheers.

Cool, have fun and do let us know how it goes :)

If any add-on developer charged $32 for a patch would many of you still embrace it?

Aww, someone's making a statement lacking in any context or point, to get some attention again...  :wub:

Come on, Jim ... there are many better arguments than that.  You can do better.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Strawman alert.

Patch.  Semantics.  Silly argument.

Scott

So a fixer is different than a patch?

Jim IS the Devil's Advocate, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

If he playes the role right it's not bad, no. Using valid arguments rather than trolling one-liners would help.

So a fixer is different than a patch?

Sigh. I'll go back to ignoring you.

That makes absolutely no sense in this context Jim. The "patch" is not to Steve's own product. Rather, he has performed a technologically astute patch-workaround-extension-correction to the partially-finished DX-10 subsystem in FSX itself.  Work that ACES never had a chance to complete due to Microsoft's closure of ACES, and abandonment of the FS franchise.

I'd agree with your point of view if it was Microsoft itself selling the patch to a product they left partially-finished. But Steve is a completely independent developer, who (in effect) is "cleaning up someone else's mess".

It was a monumental effort of software engineering, that was done mainly by one individual.

It's not like a developer correcting a few lines of code here and there to add functionality or fix bugs in his own software product. (For which he would have access to all the original source code - most definitely not an advantage that Steve enjoyed in coming up with this fixer).

In addition, by creating this product, Steve has made it possible for the works of dozens of other developers - both commercial and non-commercial to now be fully functional in FSX DX-10 mode, where previously they were not.

OK, a very respectful response and one that I value.

OK, let me ask this, because I honestly don't know and it may change the way I view this situation:

How many programming changes were made between the last set of free fixes and this payware set of fixes?

Sigh. I'll go back to ignoring you.

Good for both of us then.

How many programming changes were made between the last set of free fixes and this payware set of fixes?

Well, the main one is the fixing of textures appearing grey/white at night i.e. you can now use DX10 just the same as DX9 if not better.

playing devils advocate

No, my first post about my OPINION about it's value to ME was sincere.

Then I returned tonight, read the rest of this thread and then that "patch" question popped up.

I have also since read some intelligent, well thought out posts, that I have replied to.

Long, drawn out letters are not my posting style, so my one liners are just the way it is, but will usually reply if the situation warrants. 

Many DX10 detractors gloss over the fact that DirectX10 uses a different memory model than DX9. DX10 has considerably less impact on your virtual address space, thus less chance for out of memory errors and crashes. If you fly tubeliners with lots of addons, many you know the frustration of having crashes during a long haul (especially due to running out of VAS). 

I had to go back to DX9 temporarily because I wanted to use the FTXG night lights. I've had at least 4 OOMS since switching back to DX9. It had been so long since I had an OOM the first time I heard FSUIPC start dinging ...warning me I was out of mem I thought something was wrong with my PC like a stuck key or something..

DX10 Water looks better and on my system I get a huge FPS boost. Now that it fixes FTXG I can finally go back to DX10, thank god. The price is cheap considering all the addon aircraft and scenery I have at this point it's a drop in the bucket.

The thing with this DX10 fixer too is you just bring up the GUI and tweak it simple as that. If you want to turn it off temporary , 2 clicks and your done...

Thanks Steve

Well, the main one is the fixing of textures appearing grey/white at night i.e. you can now use DX10 just the same as DX9 if not better.

Thank you. Any others?

Thank you. Any others?

This might have the info your looking for Jim

http://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/dx10-situation-check/

As the "Fixer" comes with Developer tools, I am guessing, in the future, addon scenery will go towards DX10.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thank you. Any others?

Well, the manual states that the following:

- Rain/Snow similar to DX9

- High Definition Jet VC Shadows

-  Red Lattice Towers fix

- FTX Global Lights fix

But for me the significant one is getting the majority of sceneries to work day and night.