Sign in to follow this  
DFWSupertrooper

Jetway Alignment Fixed...Sort of

I was unhappy with the jetways in FSX aligning (or rather mis-aligning) with the beautiful new 777, so I made a small tweak.  On the Z coordinate in the Exits section of the aircraft.cfg file, change the 12.X whatever PMDG entered to an 8 and you'll be much more pleased with the vertical alignment.  The jetways will no longer jump into and hang in mid air to meet the deck - they align pretty much right on (as far as appearances go).  

Now, the only remaining issue, and I'd appreciate some help from someone more enlightened is the default jetways are a bit short to hit the 2L door.  The FSDT KDFW jetways are fine and still checking a few - but default jetways in FSX simply don't have the reach to hit 2L.  Any thoughts??  It's not a problem when I'm coming in, as I can simply pull in further to avoid the issue, but starting from cold/dark, most airports see the issue.