Sign in to follow this  
abax2000

Catalyst 13.9 not working and subsequent catastrophy

Why not just use system restore? Whenever you install a driver it makes a snapshot of your system. I would've tried this before jumping to any driver sweeper or uninstaller program. 

I'm guessing so many people are updating because BF4 beta and the newer driver being needed?

Why not just use system restore? Whenever you install a driver it makes a snapshot of your system. I would've tried this before jumping to any driver sweeper or uninstaller program. 

I'm guessing so many people are updating because BF4 beta and the newer driver being needed?

Nothing wrong with uninstalling a driver by the book and rebooting and installing another one. Works 100% perfect. Last few years at least and I look after thousands of computers with Altiris and other end point management tools. 

I never recommend system restore except as a last resort. It is not as safe as we sometimes make out. I have seen it bugger an OS or two in my time. 

But we have all had different experiences and I respect that.

BETA 1 13.11 is out. Any takers? LOL

I will try it. 

1. Full uninstall all AMD drivers via Win7 CP Programs

2. Reboot.

3. installl beta.

If fail... Repeat but install 13.4

Charles.

You guys can try to give this a shot with the atiumdag.dll file from 13.4. I'm still testing it and so far it's looking good! Will report back with more results :)

http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/how-to-extract-dlls-from-amd-catalyst-driver-packages/

(Using 13.10 Beta with 6870)

6870 here also, Id be excited to know if it works, come back with more if you find it works good!  Also have you tried the recently posted 13.11 beta drivers?

Nothing wrong with uninstalling a driver by the book and rebooting and installing another one. Works 100% perfect. Last few years at least and I look after thousands of computers with Altiris and other end point management tools. 

I never recommend system restore except as a last resort. It is not as safe as we sometimes make out. I have seen it bugger an OS or two in my time. 

But we have all had different experiences and I respect that.

BETA 1 13.11 is out. Any takers? LOL

I will try it. 

1. Full uninstall all AMD drivers via Win7 CP Programs

2. Reboot.

3. installl beta.

If fail... Repeat but install 13.4

Charles.

Come back and let us know!  I've been burned on the last 3 driver posting (13.9, 13.10 beta1, and 13.10 beta 2) so I'll wait for the brave to try it!

You guys can try to give this a shot with the atiumdag.dll file from 13.4. I'm still testing it and so far it's looking good! Will report back with more results :)

http://www.kn00tcn.net/site/how-to-extract-dlls-from-amd-catalyst-driver-packages/

(Using 13.10 Beta with 6870)

Just did a flight from KLAX to KJFK with the fix above in DX9 and all went well. No CTDs, BSODs whatsoever!

Time for some night flying and all set for CTP tomorrow B)

6870 here also, Id be excited to know if it works, come back with more if you find it works good!  Also have you tried the recently posted 13.11 beta drivers?

Come back and let us know!  I've been burned on the last 3 driver posting (13.9, 13.10 beta1, and 13.10 beta 2) so I'll wait for the brave to try it!

7970 here. BETA 13.11 worked a treat in DX10 last night. I already know it will CTD in DX9. Have not tried the old atiumdag.dll file yet with DX9. I am sure it will work because it is a fix people have used in the past in other games that crashed with that file.

I would like to know since this is a menu crash we get in DX9 if the uiautomationcore.dll file we all hacked into FSX has anything to do with it.

Can someone rename it uiautomationcore.old for now and see if the crashing stops in DX9 with 13.10 or 11 ?

I will later but off to work I go.

Charles.

Something else for you guys to try:

Reinstall DirectX9C from MS. There are several old versions out there and they routinely get overwritten by install programs.

3 members in our VA had the black screen problem. Reinstalling the DirectX9C  fixed it for all 3 of them. It is working with the new 13.9 drivers so they can play battlefield 4 as well.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Edit: You may have to change the resolution again in your FSX and reconfigure your catalyst eyefinity group if you run multiple screens.

OK DX9 and 13.11 seem to work with my 7970 without crashing. And the performance seems awesome. I would like someone else to test though.

I wondered if the UIAutomationcore.DLL that we all put in the root of FSX folder was a problem with one of the ATI files. I have renamed it and I have done several flights in several planes using the menu in FSX extensively as I go and NO CRASHES or FATAL ERRORS. Even when ending the flight.

Can someone else test?

Beta 13.11 is here -> http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Please fully uninstall using the "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" in "Programs and Features" in the control panel and reboot and then install the new BETA and reboot. Then test.

The UIAutomation.DLL file (if you used it like all the old guides said to) is here. You can see how I renamed it.

fUOFd.jpg

Just renaming the file doesn't necessarily help...if FSX sees a PE header in any file in the root FSX directory identifying a file as a dll, regardless of the file name or extension, it'll load it.

Move it to a different directory to be sure.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

If you upgrade or install win 8.1 you cannot install Catalist 13.4 (it will not install drivers). So you have to install latest Catalist for win 8.1 and find older version of atiumdag.dll and put it in fsx root folder. Only way to work in DX9 on WIN 8.1.

OK DX9 and 13.11 seem to work with my 7970 without crashing. And the performance seems awesome. I would like someone else to test though.

I wondered if the UIAutomationcore.DLL that we all put in the root of FSX folder was a problem with one of the ATI files. I have renamed it and I have done several flights in several planes using the menu in FSX extensively as I go and NO CRASHES or FATAL ERRORS. Even when ending the flight.

Can someone else test?

Beta 13.11 is here -> http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Please fully uninstall using the "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" in "Programs and Features" in the control panel and reboot and then install the new BETA and reboot. Then test.

The UIAutomation.DLL file (if you used it like all the old guides said to) is here. You can see how I renamed it.

Spoke too soon. Second flight when I try to change planes or exit FSX I still get the FATAL Error on Driver version 13.11.

Well see what the next version brings. Nothing wrong with 13.4. It's been solid in DX10 and DX9 FSX and any games I have played but with Battle Field 4 coming I will need to upgrade. I might have to leave FSX in DX10 mode by the looks of it if I want to move forward with driver versions.

ATI has been made aware through the driver team and well see if it gets resolved in the next release.

I know there is the work around for DX9 mode by using the atiumdag.dll file from 13.4 in the FSX root folder. I was just hoping that I could go without yet another work around. Just like we all do with UIAutomationcore.dll to prevent menu crash bug in FSX.

Charles.

Spoke too soon. Second flight when I try to change planes or exit FSX I still get the FATAL Error on Driver version 13.11.

Well see what the next version brings. Nothing wrong with 13.4. It's been solid in DX10 and DX9 FSX and any games I have played but with Battle Field 4 coming I will need to upgrade. I might have to leave FSX in DX10 mode by the looks of it if I want to move forward with driver versions.

ATI has been made aware through the driver team and well see if it gets resolved in the next release.

I know there is the work around for DX9 mode by using the atiumdag.dll file from 13.4 in the FSX root folder. I was just hoping that I could go without yet another work around. Just like we all do with UIAutomationcore.dll to prevent menu crash bug in FSX.

Charles.

Yep, seeing your previous post about 13.11 working with DX9 I went ahead and tried it and got crashes right away.  Great shame since 13.11 gives me a 50 FPS boost in Battlefield 4, this is so frustrating.  I also reported the error to AMD as well.  Hopefully it can get fixed someday since there are huge crossfire and general benefits they made in 13.9 and onward

Weird, my FSX works with 13.9 in Direct X 10, but if I uncheck that, the menus crash every time I go to use them in-game.

Installed latest Catalyst 13.9. Just after that FSX was repeatedly crashing (after loading flight) due to atiumdag.dll.

So I uninstalled (first through Control Panel uninstall and then ran DriverSweeper), and tried to install the older 13.1. And then HELL BRAKE LOOSE.

Windows not able to boot (blue screen), so I entered safe mode and reverted to standard vga adaptor. From that point, there was also a problem with windows sidebar program (not able to open).

Tried to install 12.10 and then 12.8. Everytime I uninstalled through ContolPanel and then ran DriverSweeper in safe mode.

Again the same problems (windows not booting, and when I somehow managed to get the drivers in FSX crashing, and other directx related apps not working also, as Google Earth)).

For the moment, 12.8 is "installed" just to have an operational screen so I can use the pc for internet, emails and office apps.

I ran scannow, which revealed no issues with Windows files. Also tried to download Microsoft DirectX 9 runtime, but it produced a message that there is a newer DirectX in place and no action is necessary.

When dxdiag is ran, a message popsup "DxDiag detected that there might have been a problem accessing Direct3D the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass Direct3D this time?". If "No" is pressed, DxDiag is crashing.

Please Help to get the drivers back in action

Any users with the 13.9 driver that want to roll back to avoid instability issues, please refer to my tutorial on the proper way to do it without experiencing additional problems.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423624-ati-139-tutorial-get-fsx-working-again/

Hi all, i'm new here I've been exepericing similar problems with amd catalyst (newer versions up to 13.9) causes fsx to CTD, works sometimes then other times crashes. I've managed to fix mine by uninstalling all amd catalyst and drivers

downloaded catalyst 12.1(older) and just installed with the custom option and chose the driver and other amd video codes, i didnt install the catalyst control center, which i find causes multiple .DLL file crashes. after that i restarted my pc, and now i can fly fsx with no problems + my addons and no crashes..I'm using REX,GEX,UTX PMDG etc..and no other problems since. Hope this helps you