Sign in to follow this  
regisb

PMDG 777 --EGLLOMDB...4.5 hours to the flight and FSX crashes...

Hi,

I just tried tonight. I am still having the issue....I cannot fly the T777.

PMDG has to come up with a fix though and quick. This is not acceptable for $90.

Thanks,

Regis

Regis Biassala 

I have been experiencing a lot of crashes and have not figured out the problem.  My quick work around was to install the full (pay) version of FSUIPC.  It saves my flight every minute.  If I crash, I simply restart FSX, load the last saved fight and am on my way.  Of course, it would be nice if the damn thing did not crash in the first place...

It saves my flight every minute.  If I crash, I simply restart FSX, load the last saved fight and am on my way.  

There are several free applications that do the same job

So I am not the only one who is flying the PMDG B777X with it crashing my flightsim constantly. I thought it was a one off thing. I tried flying out of Melbourne last night on Emirates and after takeoff and retracting the flaps FS X crash. So I tried again! And this time it crashed again just before I got onto Runway 16.

Two crashes in less than 10 minutes apart.

How frustrating was that? The worst was the night before, after a 13 1/2 flight(on 8X acceleration of course) FS X quits while I was setting up the approach. I really hope that PMDG new B777X patch will address this problem. BTW any idea when this patch is coming out? After paying US$90 for this and yet so buggy. Someone even insinuated that it was my rig that was causing the crash. With so many complaints I do not think that this is true. I suspected that the PMDG B777X was buggy even with that explaination because I have had no such problems with the PMDG NGX. So it cannot be the rig. I have flown the NGX for the last 1 1/2 years with no problem. 

Regards,

DArren Liew

I have been experiencing a lot of crashes and have not figured out the problem.  My quick work around was to install the full (pay) version of FSUIPC.  It saves my flight every minute.  If I crash, I simply restart FSX, load the last saved fight and am on my way.  Of course, it would be nice if the damn thing did not crash in the first place...

Folks, if you have the paid version of FSUIPC, make sure to turn on the autosave feature.  You can never eliminate all crashes, even with all the knowledge I have acquired over the years that have helped me avoid the most common crashes, I still get the occasional glitch that messes up my flight.  But having a save point to resume the flight from makes things much more tolerable.  If you don't own the registered version, it's worth buying just for this one feature alone.   The peace of mind is priceless.

So I am not the only one who is flying the PMDG B777X with it crashing my flightsim constantly. I thought it was a one off thing. I tried flying out of Melbourne last night on Emirates and after takeoff and retracting the flaps FS X crash. So I tried again! And this time it crashed again just before I got onto Runway 16.

Two crashes in less than 10 minutes apart.

How frustrating was that? The worst was the night before, after a 13 1/2 flight(on 8X acceleration of course) FS X quits while I was setting up the approach. I really hope that PMDG new B777X patch will address this problem. BTW any idea when this patch is coming out? After paying US$90 for this and yet so buggy. Someone even insinuated that it was my rig that was causing the crash. With so many complaints I do not think that this is true. I suspected that the PMDG B777X was buggy even with that explaination because I have had no such problems with the PMDG NGX. So it cannot be the rig. I have flown the NGX for the last 1 1/2 years with no problem.

Regards,

DArren Liew

I've got a mediocre rig at best, and I have no problems flying long hauls, even on VATSIM. It leads me to believe that there is probably an issue with your system. What it is, I don't know. I would suggest sending a support ticket to them, if you can't find the answer on this forum.

Hi! First of all I am not very familiar with computer codes so I am not going to touch and edit the .dll as mentioned above. Everything else is working well except the buggy PMDG B777X. So much about the reasons given for the release dates previously. "To ensure that all enjoy the products...." or something to that effect. Anyway now have to wait for the first service pack of the buggy B777X product.

Regards,
Darren

I've got a mediocre rig at best, and I have no problems flying long hauls, even on VATSIM. It leads me to believe that there is probably an issue with your system. What it is, I don't know. I would suggest sending a support ticket to them, if you can't find the answer on this forum.

The thousands of 777X flights completed successfully on vatsim must be flying some other 777 addon; maybe captainsim or abacus. You're right, the PMDG 777x is a horribly buggy product. What was PMDG thinking? Yep, it can't possibly be your computer.

I've personally done 100 hours on the 777x and not one crash. Not one. I'm sorry your having problems. But it's time to take some responsibility and stop blaming the addon.

Yes exactly. What were they thinking when they released it. I thought it was thoroughly tested and yet so many bugs? I know it cannot be perfect but this(the PMDG B777X) is the only add on I am using that actually manages to crash my whole flight sim X out! For that PMDG has an achievement.

Regards,

Darren 

The thousands of 777X flights completed successfully on vatsim must be flying some other 777 addon; maybe captainsim or abacus. You're right, the PMDG 777x is a horribly buggy product. What was PMDG thinking? Yep, it can't possibly be your computer.

I've personally done 100 hours on the 777x and not one crash. Not one. I'm sorry your having problems. But it's time to take some responsibility and stop blaming the addon.

Yes exactly. What were they thinking when they released it. I thought it was thoroughly tested and yet so many bugs? I know it cannot be perfect but this(the PMDG B777X) is the only add on I am using that actually manages to crash my whole flight sim X out! For that PMDG has an achievement.

Regards,

Darren 

Not sure what you are talking about. The PMDG 777 is freaking stable on my system, and so is with most users. Why don't you take some time to figure what is wrong with your rig that could have caused CTD? Indeed the T7 places a high work load on your system, but for a correctly setup system that should be able to handle.

Zicheng Cai

Not happy Jan! The T777 killed my pet mouse. He was in mint condition, running on his little wheel perfect and eating good cheese and then BOOM! after install 777 he dead! 

ZORAN

Like I mentioned before. THIS(THE PMDG B777X) IS THE ONLY ADDON that I have that causes my flightsim to crash. Like I said before I thought I was the ONLY ONE having issues with FS X crashing when running the PMDG B777X. Seems like I am not the only one. I also thought like you said that it was my rig. But this doesn`t look like the case any more with other people posting the same or similar issues with the PMDG B777X.

Regards,

Darren

Not sure what you are talking about. The PMDG 777 is freaking stable on my system, and so is with most users. Why don't you take some time to figure what is wrong with your rig that could have caused CTD? Indeed the T7 places a high work load on your system, but for a correctly setup system that should be able to handle.

Like I mentioned before. THIS(THE PMDG B777X) IS THE ONLY ADDON that I have that causes my flightsim to crash. Like I said before I thought I was the ONLY ONE having issues with FS X crashing when running the PMDG B777X. Seems like I am not the only one. I also thought like you said that it was my rig. But this doesn`t look like the case any more with other people posting the same or similar issues with the PMDG B777X.

Regards,

Darren

Did you submit a support ticket?

Zicheng Cai