Sign in to follow this  
regisb

PMDG 777 --EGLLOMDB...4.5 hours to the flight and FSX crashes...

Just tried, no problems for me. I suggest you try this - go to FSX main folder, find UIAutomationCore.dll, right click on file and select properties and check what version you have. It should be version 6.0.5840.16386, like this:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

If you have any other vesrion(6.0.6001.18000 for example), that will cause freezing and crashes. Just download right version and put it to your FSX main folder https://www.dropbox.com/s/adxsx0mxb6wztil/UIAutomationCore.rar

It worths trying!

Retract 

I've been running that (wrong) version since Jan 2010 on two different rigs with FSX and never had an issue either. Frankly since my "wrong" version is working fine, I dont really want to mess with it and test the "correct" one and mess up some long flights. Not that I cant put the wrong (right) one back in, but if it ain't broke then I dont need to try and fix it.

Sean Campbell

This is so true people be very careful when tweeking I went ahead and changed the dll

to the newer version forgot about it and then had all kinds of problems... just stick with what PMDG are writing, it will save you a whole bunch of time.... 

Hi,

I just tried tonight. I am still having the issue....I cannot fly the T777.

PMDG has to come up with a fix though and quick.

Regis

Why can you not fly the aircraft?

You only experience a crash when you change from MAP to PLAN mode right?

So just dont touch that untill it is fixed.

Rob Robson

The fustration grows when we hear other pilots enjoying their T7 on polar routes or over the middle east to Dubai....And we cannot !!?

Regis

You have crashes also when you do not change from MAP to PLAN mode?

In that case the fact that others are having no problem means something is wrong with your FSX install, your Windows install or your PMDG install.

Sometimes a problem does not show itself for a long time, untill the right conditions are met. So you can have no problems with other addon and still have problems with the 777 but that does not mean the 777 is the cause automatically. But it could be.

Suggestions:

1) turn off all software that you run parallel to FSX.

No weather engine, no trackIR, no virus scanner, etc

Test.

2) If you overclock, set your system back to normal.

(I have had FSX crashes with a stress tested overclocked system that went away after setting default clock)

test

3) Delete your current FSX.cfg (back it up if required)

Start FSX.

Then go into settings and put the sliders where you want them (see also PMDG recommendations in the tutorial)

Close FSX.

Open the FSX.cfg file and put only the recommended fixes into it (Highmemfix and widescreen)

You can add 1/2Vsync later if you use that.

test

4)If all that has not helped then you might have installed the 777 incorrectly and a reinstall might be necessary.

When you installed the 777, did you:

a Install as administrator (right mouse click)?

b Install with antivirus software NOT runnning?

c Install with you system at default clock (I never install things while overclocked)?

If you ommited any of these things (a,b,c) then reinstall the 777.

Rob Robson

Are any of you guys getting this?

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: fsx.exe
  Application Version: 10.0.61637.0
  Application Timestamp: 46fadb14
  Fault Module Name: PMDG_777X.DLL
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 52256029
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 001aa831
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID: 2057

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I too have switched to PLN mode and my FSX has Crashed. 

Win 7 x64

This happens on both pilot and co-pilot switch. Replicate it every time I try. 

I can reproduce the 737NGX.DLL crash on command. For me its related to my yoke or throttle and maybe fsuipc. Do not have this with the T7 though. No problem at all with this. Never seen freezes or ctd with it.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi all,

Not sure if my experience helps with your problem here.

I was flying the 777 from EGBB to OMDB and used to get fsx crashing just as I approached Dubai, either overhead the airport, on approach, finals or maybe even once taxiing to the gate. I'm using FlyTampa scenery, and the problem appeared when fsx was attempting to load up the new scenery, and it all just got too much and "crash". 

I looked on here, and found a comment regarding DX10, and how it loads up a smaller amount of scenery and dumps it after you have flown by. I tried it on the same flight, and brilliant never had any errors since. Ok so if you try it, just flick the DX10 preview switch, restart fsx, run the flight, ignore any scenery glitches in this first flight. If you find it's for you, then I would recommend "Steve's Scenery Fixer" it's a download costs about £18 I think off the top of my head, but it corrects all your scenery glitches and you get happy error free flying!

Just a thought hope it helps.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hey Dave...

I don't have any add ons for FSX beyond my PMDG 777. This truly is a brand new install. Windows 7 x64 (no desire to use 8 yet) 24gig of ram with an core i7 chip. 

It's a good machine. 

I have tried the DX10 selection and I still get the same issue. When changing to the PLN mode from either the pilot seat or the co-pilot seat, the game crashes. 

As for Steve's Scenery Fixer... I haven't heard of it. But, if I get scenery add on's I will take a look. :)

I have been having the same issue, have tried uninstalling and many other things button still freeze when i click the plan button, the doesn't matter to me so much as all i have to do is avoid using this button but hopefully they will address the issue in sp1 

So when is a patch coming out? ...joystick stgs disappear and buggy panel states...ive read win 8 has to fo with the stick, but ive not found a solution yet...tried many o google ideas.

You guys talking about the PLAN mode thing - is this with the ND in the normal position or down on the lower EICAS? The bug we fixed is specific to having the ND displayed in a non-standard position. I can switch back and forth all day long between MAP and PLAN with the ND in the usual position and there is no issue.

Daniel - the 777 has nothing to do with joystick settings, that is all FSX and Windows. The buggy panel states are fixed for the update. I have no idea when it's going to be out - we chose to release a large all encompassing patch this time rather than a ton of small hotfixes due to the way some additional features we're adding in SP1 change the code.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You guys talking about the PLAN mode thing - is this with the ND in the normal position or down on the lower EICAS? The bug we fixed is specific to having the ND displayed in a non-standard position. I can switch back and forth all day long between MAP and PLAN with the ND in the usual position and there is no issue.

Daniel - the 777 has nothing to do with joystick settings, that is all FSX and Windows. The buggy panel states are fixed for the update. I have no idea when it's going to be out - we chose to release a large all encompassing patch this time rather than a ton of small hotfixes due to the way some additional features we're adding in SP1 change the code.

Mine froze when I had it on the lower ND, that might still be an issue on my end though. Thanks for the response!