Sign in to follow this  
mchapman

Redux lights

Has anyone got a configuration yet using the A2A Redux 3D lights?  Any information would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Mark Chapman

Be careful posting that here. People will flip out about you wanting to change the PMDG 777.

oops, Sorry about that. :rolleyes:

It's okay that you did I'm just saying be prepared, unfortunately I don't own the 777X and cannot help.

Speaking of lights (sorry to derail) how come we don't get nose wheel lights that turn with the nose gear?  

Be careful posting that here. People will flip out about you wanting to change the PMDG 777.

+1

Speaking of lights (sorry to derail) how come we don't get nose wheel lights that turn with the nose gear?  

On the real T7 the lights are attached to the fix part of the nose wheel, e 737 actually has the lights attached to the turning gear so they point where the wheel point

On the real T7 the lights are attached to the fix part of the nose wheel, e 737 actually has the lights attached to the turning gear so they point where the wheel point

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the quick reply.

I think there is a problem for some of us with the lights, or there is a bug! OMG I said that word here! :)

In external view I can see the lights:

ExternalView_zpscca1509b.jpg

Then I switch to the VC View OMG I finally saw the lights!:

VCLights_zpsfcb1ecd4.jpg

BUT! it last only for 1/2 of a second!,

VCNolights_zpsa2c4bff9.jpg

After I see the lights for 1/2 a second or so... they PUFF! are gone, total blackness, masive external par bulbs blow out! :)

any body else with this problem?

Chemanuel

...cant see the eicas warning message clear enough, but ithink it was about a generator not working, the left one ?  ...and after that load shedding maybe ?

i may not right, but are the wing lights switched on (the wings are lighted) ? ...did you had icing conditions ? (could this help with load shedding ? ...not shure)

JG

PMDG-DC-6-banner.jpg

Well if the lights are on in the external view, they have to remain on in the view from the cockpit. Yes, the strobe, navigational, beacon lights they are all on.  The overall lighting effect in this plane is on the DIM side. I'm still trying to figure this out...

Warnings are  "Doors auto", and "Landing Altitude"... I just loaded the plane upon an arrival with the Dash 8 just to check at night the lights.

Chemanuel

To be honest, I don't jump into threads like this because people want to change what I think is perfect (because I don't think it's perfect).  I jump into these threads because people think that the redux lights are the best thing since sliced bread, and are more realistic or something.

To be honest, it looks like you're flying through perpetual fog with those things.  It's a cool effect to have volumetric lighting like that, but it's hardly realistic 90% of the time.

Kyle Rodgers

To be honest, I don't jump into threads like this because people want to change what I think is perfect (because I don't think it's perfect). I jump into these threads because people think that the redux lights are the best thing since sliced bread, and are more realistic or something.

To be honest, it looks like you're flying through perpetual fog with those things. It's a cool effect to have volumetric lighting like that, but it's hardly realistic 90% of the time.

Kyle, regardless of the amount of light of the redux lights, my problem with the T7 is that the lights are viewable only from outside, this is why my view was always sooo dark when looking from the VC. They are on and nice on external view.... when I switch to the VC they are there for about 1/2 of a second and poof they are gone and total blackness again.  Everything is on! If I continue cycling the views with the A key, I can see them again....and again they dissapear upon landing on the VC.

Chemanuel

Chemanuel;

If you are using the redux lights then this is not the forum to discuss your issue.  As soon as you tinker with the PMDG build I don't think you can expect to have your problem solved by the devs.  

Are you having the problem using the default PMDG lights?

Kyle, regardless of the amount of light of the redux lights, my problem with the T7 is that the lights are viewable only from outside, this is why my view was always sooo dark when looking from the VC.

Yeah, I saw that.  Unfortunately, I don't know much about how to fix that sort of problem.  I was just addressing the comments of the others making note of people speaking up about people using the Shockwave lights on various products that are fine as is.

Kyle Rodgers