Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

DX10 Fixer and aircrafts external lights issue

Hi guys, I bought yesterday DX10 Scenery Fixer and am completely satisfied but have serious issue with aircraft lights as you can see here:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1802/u1fz.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8049/k2xb.jpg

aircraft external lights are square or rhomboid as you can see in those addon aircraft:

- Aerosoft Airbus X Extended (v1.10)

- Ant's Airplane Sierra P2002

- Captain SIm 757

- Flight1 Citation Mustang

- RealAir Turbine Duke

- PMDG MD11

Instead works VERY FINE in PMDG NGX.

So, is there something I have to adjust in the fixer or nVidia Inspector? I installed the fixer with default setting.

Many thanks for your help.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

"I installed the fixer with default setting."

OK - when you say "Default" I need to understand exactly what you did - or didn't do, or tick, Riccardo.   .... so.........open your manual, and..

-> What did you set on page 14? This one is very important..

Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks for reply Paul, I set the fixer like in the screenshot on page 14, all slider are in default position, and DX10 Compatible Lights and Effects = DISABLE (so it's enaled now, correct?).

Maybe I'm wrong, but have you got issues with aircrafts external lights, have you got any of those addons? Why on ngx works fine?

Let me know if you need some other infos or screens.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I was wrong on the previous post, Riccardo - the window with the two small boxes that must be ticked pop up come just after the library installs. Here is a pic.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

This is what I get with the Turbine Duke and the Fixer Installed + Effects ENABLED....

Picture lightened for clarity...

FgNec.jpg

Guys, I'm getting crazy.....

1) I unistalled and reinstalled the libraries e ticked two boxes as  Pauls said:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3300/fwzl.jpg

2) here is my DX10 Fixer control panel as reported on page 14 of the manual

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5366/b2dp.jpg

No changes in the result, still getting the same results as above. Where am I doing wrong?

Riccardo

Guys, I'm getting crazy.....

1) I unistalled and reinstalled the libraries e ticked two boxes as  Pauls said:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3300/fwzl.jpg

2) here is my DX10 Fixer control panel as reported on page 14 of the manual

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5366/b2dp.jpg

No changes in the result, still getting the same results as above. Where am I doing wrong?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong necessarily. 

Can you find the lights section for the Duke in the aircraft.cfg in its folder under SimObjects\Airplanes and post what it is.

You haven't checked the 8 Bit Texture Fix in the General dialog have you?

Steve, now I realized that ALL aircraft, also default Microsoft aircrafts, (except NGX) are affected by this strange issue, like Fixer doesn't work properly.

No, I didn't checked 8 Bit Texture Fix. Just done now, but nothing change.

I tried also this:

1) unistalled libraries

2) delete Shader10 cache folder

3) delete ShadersHLSL and copied a new stock one

4) run FSX

5) run fixer and redo all the steps

but without any result, this issue still remain.

Repeat only PMDG NGX works properly.

If may help this is the Duke LIGHTS section on aircraft.cfg, but repeat ALL aircrafts is affected:

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing, 6=Taxi, 7=Recognition, 8=wing, 9=logo, 10=cabin
light.0 = 3,  -6.53, -19.64,  1.055,  RASDukeT_NavRed
light.1 = 3,  -6.62,  19.60,  1.060,  RASDukeT_NavGreen
light.2 = 3, -26.50,   0.00,  2.20,  RASDukeT_NavWh
light.3 = 2,  -6.22, -19.40,  1.04,  RASDukeT_strobe
light.4 = 2,  -6.25,   19.40, 1.05,  RASDukeT_strobe
light.5 = 1,  -27.68, -0.01,  8.70,  RASDukeT_beacon
light.6 = 7,  -7.42,  1.944, -1.69,  RASDukeT_Recogn
light.7 = 10,  -7.80,   0.00,  1.50,   RASDukeT_vclight
light.8 = 8,  -6.20, -13.20,  1.03,   RASDukeT_wing     //de-icing Boots left wing
light.9 = 8, -6.20,   13.20,  1.03,   RASDukeT_wing     //de-icing boots right wing

Riccardo

By the way what system are you running on?  Just puzzled by the Controller look and feel.

It uses MS Shell Dlg  which is a virtual font which should just  map to Microsoft Sans Serif  (unless you are Japanese)

Yet you seem to be using some form of bold font?

No, I wanted you to make sure it was UNSET!  Its clearly not related but make sure that you turn it off as it will cause other problems.

I will pm you

I'm running W7 64bit - English

Replied to your PM.

Riccardo

Finally I solved the matter doing this:

- delete FSX/ShadersHLSL and replace the new stock one

- delete all shader cache, Shader dx9 (old) and Shader10

- install DX10 fixer (libraries)

- run FSX

all now works fine.

Thanks to all and to Steve patience :-)

Riccardo

I have the exact same issue but unfortunately Riccardo's fix didn't solve it for me. I did have the external lights working for a while (not due to anything I did intentionally though) but now they're gone again. Since I've seen them work it must be a configuration issue. I can't think of  anything better right now than posting the contents of my DX10.ini (from AppData/Local/DX10SceneryFixer) in the hope that something obvious is amiss:

[DX10SceneryFixer]
Rebuild=1
Mode=0

[ExcludeEffects]
ballast.fx=1

[Legacy]
DisableDiffuseAlpha=1
IgnoreBlackNM=1
SpecularIsPlane=1
[General]
BloomFactor=90
LightBloomFactor=90
ProgressiveTaxi=1
VCShadowPatch=1
HDShadows=0
8BitFix=0
[Rain40]
SlowSnow=1
LightFactor=100
[shaders]
Clouds40=1

btw, my panel font also looks like Riccardo's. win 8 64 with IOBit StartMenu8 installed (Not that I think that this has anything to do with the problem.) 

Any ideas?

edit: I have the A2A shockwave lights installed, but replacing them with the original fx_*  files doesn't make any difference. The effects are just not displayed / triggered (or whatever the appropriate word may be)

Well the panel is a font issue, contrary to what I said before every dialog but that one uses ms_dlg. The main controller window uses Arial Unicode MS - I will correct that in the next release.

What does the effects button currently say (Disable or Enable)?

I have the exact same issue but unfortunately Riccardo's fix didn't solve it for me. I did have the external lights working for a while (not due to anything I did intentionally though) but now they're gone again. Since I've seen them work it must be a configuration issue. I can't think of anything better right now than posting the contents of my DX10.ini (from AppData/Local/DX10SceneryFixer) in the hope that something obvious is amiss:

[DX10SceneryFixer]

Rebuild=1

Mode=0

[ExcludeEffects]

ballast.fx=1

[Legacy]

DisableDiffuseAlpha=1

IgnoreBlackNM=1

SpecularIsPlane=1

[General]

BloomFactor=90

LightBloomFactor=90

ProgressiveTaxi=1

VCShadowPatch=1

HDShadows=0

8BitFix=0

[Rain40]

SlowSnow=1

LightFactor=100

[shaders]

Clouds40=1

btw, my panel font also looks like Riccardo's. win 8 64 with IOBit StartMenu8 installed (Not that I think that this has anything to do with the problem.)

Any ideas?

edit: I have the A2A shockwave lights installed, but replacing them with the original fx_* files doesn't make any difference. The effects are just not displayed / triggered (or whatever the appropriate word may be)

Harry have you tried to follow stricly my steps above?

- Unistall fixer

- delete cache shader (dx9 and dx10)

- delete all ShadeLHSH and replace with the stock one

- don't run fsx

- reinstall fixer

- now run fsx

Let me know Harry.

Riccardo