Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

AI strobe and Nav lights?

Has anyone else noticed ai traffic nav and strobe lights are missing? I know i have a lot of traffic in that night sky but can seem to see them since switching to dx10.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Ok so ai strobe and nav lights are there, if I get close to a plane. However it seems that they are extremely dim. As I pull away from the ai, the lights completely disappear. This will even happen to my own plane, if I slew away from it. At about a 1/4 mile you can't even see and strobing or nav lights. Grrrr...

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

In DX9 they look fine...bright...and visible miles away, like in real life. I will say that in DX10, landing lights are working on AI and my own aircraft and can be seen from very far.

It almost seems that they need to be brighter...the again I am in no way familiar with the coding that may be involved. And it is curious that no one else seems to be having this problem.

I use UT2 for traffic, and is DX10 ready.

I have noticed the same thing. I also use UT2 and I have enabled A2A's Shockwave lights on all my AI, and in DX9 they are very bright and can be seen from very far away.

Btw, really enjoying the sim with the fixer. Great job, Steve. :smile:  

Kay Morten Magelie no.png