Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

Reverse thrust

I followed instructions on how to use throttles with FSUIPC and got them working. I have the saitek yoke and throttle quadrants. How do I set up reverse thrust if I can't calibrate throttles in FSUIPC?

Josh Scholl

You go to Control settings in FSX and then Saitek setting and then keyboard and select the Throttle Decrease quickly click change assignment then move the throttle down past the stops. And save.

I have throttles on Left hand lever on right hand I have spoilers and the bit down past the stops as Auto Speedbrake arm

I have saitek's beautiful yoke too but I use F2 button only for reversing.I think it is the most comfortable way to set thrust to reverse position.Give it a chance.

Best regards,EFE(From Turkey so sorry for my bad English) :ph34r:

Good Flights!

I was able to use the the little switches on the bottom of throttle quadrant for each engine for reverse thrust in FSUIPC.  I would have liked to been able to use each axis as reverse thrust for each engine ideally but at least I have it mapped out and works.

Josh Scholl

The Saitek throttle is very easy to set up for reverse thrust.

Go to Buttons and Switches

Check Profile Specific

Press #1 Throttle lever down through detent

Check box Select for FS Control

Select Throttle 1 Decr from drop down menu Control sent when button pressed

Parameter 0

Check Control to repeat while held

Select Throttle 1 Cut from drop down menu under Control sent when button released

Parameter 0

Set the same way for throttle # 2.

Now you will get the correct reverse thrust no matter what your N1 is when landing.  To cancel reverse thrust move levers up through detent to idle.

MAke sure you unassign reverser controls in FSX.  The same if you assigned the throttle, unassign them in FSX Controls

Rob

• Upvote 1

Check Profile Specific

Parameter 0

Select Throttle 1 Cut from drop down menu under Control sent when button released

Parameter 0

Now you will get the correct reverse thrust no matter what your N1 is when landing.  To cancel reverse thrust move levers up through detent to idle.

MAke sure you unassign reverser controls in FSX.  The same if you assigned the throttle, unassign them in FSX Controls

Rob

Thanks Rob that work out great for me. When you have time can you explain how to

configure the actual throttles in the same way threw fsuipc? its way more accurate.

thanks

Go to the Axis Assignment page in FSUIPC

Check box - Profile Specific

Click on Rescan to clear any settings

Cycle #1Throttle lever - you should see the numbers moving from 16384 to 16383 (approx), if no movemewnt, click on rescan again and then recycle lever

From the drop down menu selct - Throttle 1

Check box next to selection

Under Type of Action required select - Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration.

Go to Joystick Calibration page 3 - Separate throttles per engine

Cycle Throttle #1 lever. - you should see the numbers changing in the boxes below SET

DO NOT CHECK SET - Leave as AXIS NOT PROCESSED

Check box Exclude THROTTLEn_SET

Do the same for throttle #2

THat's your throttle set and reverse thrust set.  It's the same process for setting the spoiler and flaps  Your spoilers will show 3 boxes marked SET and your flaps 2 boxes marked SET in the Calibration page.  MAke sure with both controls you check REV, this allows you to set the spoilers and flaps in reverse to the throttles.

Hope this helps

Rob

You can use FSUIPC I do and it works fine. Simply do as Rob says above.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Go to the Axis Assignment page in FSUIPC

Check box - Profile Specific

Click on Rescan to clear any settings

Cycle #1Throttle lever - you should see the numbers moving from 16384 to 16383 (approx), if no movemewnt, click on rescan again and then recycle lever

From the drop down menu selct - Throttle 1

Check box next to selection

Under Type of Action required select - Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration.

Go to Joystick Calibration page 3 - Separate throttles per engine

Cycle Throttle #1 lever. - you should see the numbers changing in the boxes below SET

DO NOT CHECK SET - Leave as AXIS NOT PROCESSED

Check box Exclude THROTTLEn_SET

Do the same for throttle #2

THat's your throttle set and reverse thrust set.  It's the same process for setting the spoiler and flaps  Your spoilers will show 3 boxes marked SET and your flaps 2 boxes marked SET in the Calibration page.  MAke sure with both controls you check REV, this allows you to set the spoilers and flaps in reverse to the throttles.

Hope this helps

Rob

Thanks again Rob both of my throttles are setup but I'M having a small problem with

the flaps and spoilers 1. I can't find the REV CHECK, and 2, do you setup both at the same time or individually?

thanks

Giancarlo

You can set the up simultaneously or individually.  I set min eindividually.  When you get to the Joystick Calibration page go to page 6 - Trim, Spoilers, and Flaps.  In the Spoilers area there are 3 SET boxes and when you cycle the lever the numbers will change under the box Reset.  At the bottom of this section you will see a box marked Rev under the 1st Set box number - check this.

The flaps has two SET boxes and you will see numbers from 0 to 16380 and when you cycle your flaps lever you will see the numbers change under the Reset box.  At the bottom of this section you will see a box marked Rev under the 1st SET box number - check this.

With these two boxes checked you can now set your flaps and spoiler levers in the correct detent and zero position (forward, just like a 737 TQ).  There are no flap or spoiler detents on the TQ so you have to listen for the flaps setting and watch the flap indication gauge.  The spoiler when moved into the arm position will show the Armed annunciator light on.  It's a little trial and error to get used to adjusting these two levers.

Hope this helps

Rob

• Upvote 1

You can set the up simultaneously or individually.  I set min eindividually.  When you get to the Joystick Calibration page go to page 6 - Trim, Spoilers, and Flaps.  In the Spoilers area there are 3 SET boxes and when you cycle the lever the numbers will change under the box Reset.  At the bottom of this section you will see a box marked Rev under the 1st Set box number - check this.

The flaps has two SET boxes and you will see numbers from 0 to 16380 and when you cycle your flaps lever you will see the numbers change under the Reset box.  At the bottom of this section you will see a box marked Rev under the 1st SET box number - check this.

With these two boxes checked you can now set your flaps and spoiler levers in the correct detent and zero position (forward, just like a 737 TQ).  There are no flap or spoiler detents on the TQ so you have to listen for the flaps setting and watch the flap indication gauge.  The spoiler when moved into the arm position will show the Armed annunciator light on.  It's a little trial and error to get used to adjusting these two levers.

Hope this helps

Rob

Thanks Rob again....... it works great.

all the best.GC

Check Profile Specific

Parameter 0

Parameter 0

Rob

yer a friggin geneuus!!....worked on my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog!!!....

Thanks so much!!...

Btw....how did you figure that one out??

regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Saitek throttle quadrant levers have axis swing and BUTTONS... from the detente forward is the axis where the voltage will be adjusted according to where the lever is on the internal resistor that it moves (you can SEE this happening in either FSUIPC or in the FSX clibration areas)...from the detente back, is only a button that is either on or off (You can see this happen using FSUIPC Buttons and Switches page).

So, knowing that, you now have the knowledge to make proper assignments using either FSUIPC or the FSX controls settings...

I hear what you're saying. I now have partial thrust leverage… In other words it goes about a third of the way down in the AS A–319.

Are there other numbers that would give me full reverse thrust?

The differences with the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant is there are no switches per se in the throttle movement.. it's all a function of Hall effect devices. Interestingly there is a detent and hump at the bottom of the thrust quadrant which takes it into an Un-switched area...you would think that going over the hump would trigger something but it doesn't.

If you go back over the hump forward, you hit switches 28 and 29 at the very bottom of the idle area or "Pre-hump" detent for right and the left throttle levers....so I use 28 & 29 as the "switches" that Rob mentioned in his most helpful advice.

It would be nice if I could throw a resistor or some sort of detection device at the back of the hump to give me more flexibility.

Just blue-skying...apparently the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog is an exact replica of the A-10C's. And I believe they "stole" the throttle quadrant from an F-15, and the stick from an F-16....nonetheless I wonder what the Air Force had intended for that hump at the bottom when it doesn't do anything other than a lock the throttle levers back.

Thanks,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2