Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

DX10 Fixer with Contrails Pro

Hi All

Use a great program called Contrail Pro, when I use with DX10 commercial fixer, the contrails are all blocky as they redraw and don't dissipate correctly but work fine when I switch back to DX9, anybody have a possibility for a fix, only issue I have come across so far

Regards
Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

With the pre release shaders contrails were fine. With the fixer mine have gone all blocky too, so I tried disabling effects with no effect. The only way I can restore them is to uninstall the fixer libraries which I assume put back the 3.2.2 shaders.

Ok assuming that the contrails are now working can you install the fixer libraries but not enable effects.

See how the are

If they are still blocky then

disable all the shader fixes  just untick all the boxes and sit through the nag dialog a few times.

Tell me what happens then

if they are then ok, turn the shaders back on one a time.

Hi Steve

Sorry for the delay, Sunday T got in the way. Here is what I've done...

- confirmed that with the 3.2.2 shaders Contrails work ok

- reinstalled but left effects and reflections unchecked.

- confirmed that effects disabled, and everything left at default install settings.

* contrails blocky

- legacy checkbox un-ticked

* contrails blocky

- general shader checkbox un-ticked

* contrails return to normal

- legacy checkbox checked

* contrails still normal

- general shader re selected

* contrails blocky

* general shader checkbox un-ticked

- contrails normal

- next I RE-SELECTED the general shader and un-selected 8 bit texture fix

- contrails normal

- reselected 8 bit texture fix

- contrails blocky

- un-selected 8 bit texture fix

- contrails normal

Hope this helps

Brian

Ah  - yes that's not altogether surprising.   Its disabled initially for a reason.

If this is enables (sic) then DX10 Scenery Fixer attempts to recognize textures that are entirely transparent and treat them as opaque.  It uses a number of checks, but there is a small possibility of unwanted side effects in airport sceneries.

I only intended it as an option that you enabled to fly an old FS8 plane that had 8bit and then turned off again at the end.

Clearly I need to make the warning against using that option much stronger then. 

Wayne do you have that option enabled if so disable it!

Thanks Steve

I originally selected it because I'd downloaded some freeware and the planes windows were completely opaque in DX10 but forgot to unselect it.

Maybe the 8 bit option could go into its own FS8 section. Then again, it might not fit so you'd have to change the screen size and then... Lol

Hi steve

Yes i found by unticking that 8 bit option fixes but then the buildings dissapear at ybcg but i am using voz 1.0 for fsx due to the default being aweful so must be something in their scenery design guess i will either ditch contrails or return to dx9 unfortunately, cant see any other way this can be resokved, thanks for this great product

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K