Sign in to follow this  
furger

DX10 Fixer, ground textures at night, LSZH (FSDT)

After having had played over last months with various tweaks around DX10, I now bought Steve's DX10 Fixer (not least at all to give that great promoter at least a bit of money back for his effort he spent in this respect). Great work. Thank you!

However what I now fact (at FSDT's LSZH scenery) is the following ground textures at night

Any proposals on how to handle this?

Thank you.

Andreas

Andreas Furger

Its actually strange and funny that the pioneer of DX10 scenery builder FSDT has not fix this yet. Maybe its because of an old direction before the new outstanding airports.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi Andreas;

Did you move the Scenery/aircraft slider to the left at all?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi Paul,

Sliding the "Scenery/aircraft slider" fully to the left (initially it was centered) it even gets worse (despite the camouflage is looking great, but only for military purpose).

I am also facing the problem that objects (from AES?) are shining in a bright white (even when going back to the balanced view).

There must be something wrong much more serious with my installation/setup. Any idea?

Andreas Furger

Yes - it's an old airport. Others on the FSDT forum have asked the same thing:-

One of Umberto's response's is here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3250.0

Sorry, it's not so simple. DX10 support for Zurich or Geneva is not possible, without redoing the whole ground.

We can swing it by Steve for an opinion, but don't hold your breath, as not everything is fixable.

Just emailed.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,

There must have gone something really wrong with my installation of the DX10 Fixer. Now even after going back to DX9 LSZH is looking terrible. I have had far better results (with the Shaders, two different cfg files, two different NI setups and all the other fixes manually applied) before having installed the DX10 Fixer.

Would you mind having a look at my fsx.cfg and NI settings? You might see some necessary amendments to apply.

By the way, a new creation of the fsx.cfg did not help me back to the (much more positive) situation before the installation of the DX10 Fixer.

I would really appreciate your support, as I am just a follower and not an IT crack like you. Thank you

Andreas Furger

That link above Paul is from 2010 and it seems that LSZH has been updated. I dont have it but was considering it, and I see a 2.5 version. I wouldve thought that DX10 would be incorporated now. Is this the version you have Furger?

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Paul,

There must have gone something really wrong with my installation of the DX10 Fixer. Now even after going back to DX9 LSZH is looking terrible. I have had far better results (with the Shaders, two different cfg files, two different NI setups and all the other fixes manually applied) before having installed the DX10 Fixer.

Would you mind having a look at my fsx.cfg and NI settings? You might see some necessary amendments to apply.

By the way, a new creation of the fsx.cfg did not help me back to the (much more positive) situation before the installation of the DX10 Fixer.

I would really appreciate your support, as I am just a follower and not an IT 'cracked' like you. Thank you

Here's a few settings and a NI config that works ok, furger, though the fsx.cfg may well be quite wrong, as you haven't published your hardware where we can see it (in your use profile).

Come back here when you've played with it for a bit - we can connect with Teamviewer, too if you need it - ok!

All the Best,  :wink:

pj

That link above Paul is from 2010 and it seems that LSZH has been updated. I dont have it but was considering it, and I see a 2.5 version. I wouldve thought that DX10 would be incorporated now. Is this the version you have Furger?

It is version 2.5 I am using. However, as far as I am aware of "only" the following FSDT airport sceneries are sold as being DX10 compatible: KDFW, KLAX, CYVR, plus JFK, whereas for the older ones like LSZH, LSGG, KORD, KLAS and all Hawaii airports no such statement is made.

You might also want to have a look at the following thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421837-steves-fixerwill-it-do-any-harm-to-my-following-scenery-and-ni/#entry2806905

Andreas

Andreas Furger

Here's a few settings and a NI config that works ok, furger, though the fsx.cfg may well be quite wrong, as you haven't published your hardware where we can see it (in your use profile).

Come back here when you've played with it for a bit - we can connect with Teamviewer, too if you need it - ok!

All the Best,  :wink:

pj

Paul,

I will try/play a bit.

By the way, I have now updated my (hardware) profile. If do see any necessary changes . . . (a setup from scratch did not help me)

Andreas

Andreas Furger