Sign in to follow this  
EricLilly

The R4.CSV file is MISSING!

Im getting the following message when starting FSX..

RAAS Professional

X The R4.CSV file is MISSING!

Any ideas ?? FSX works and the 777 works but RAAS is now quiet.. I made no changes to FSX so I am not sure why I am missing something all of the sudden..

I did a forum search for this and found nothing..

Thanks..

Have you tried running MakeRunways within the main FSX folder?

Gents, I too have this problem.  While opening up FSX up pops "R4.CSV file is missing.  RAAS Professtional".  I then get another message "Attempt to call a nil value stack tracebook".  I have no idea if they are related.  They both appeared today and won't go away. 

Gavin where do I find Makerunways.  I can't find it in the main FSX folder. 

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

Gavin where do I find Makerunways. I can't find it in the main FSX folder.

Bruce Ross

Hi Bruce

MakeRunways can be found from this link www.schiratti.com/dowson.html just place in your main FSX folder and run the MakeRunways program and it will produce the file you require.

Gavin

Gavin Price

Thanks for the reply Gavin.  After replying to your oringinal post I tried re-installing the 777 i.e. repair instaling, and it fixed the RAAS problem.  However I still get the annoying error  "Attempt to call a nil value stack tracebook".  I'm hoping someone can tell me what that message relates to.

Bruce Ross

Bruce Ross

I'm hoping someone can tell me what that message relates to.

Google is a troubleshooter's best friend...

It seems that your default flight is corrupt.  Select a default aircraft, select an airport, click fly now, save the flight, and check the box to set it as the default.

Also, my typical PSA:

Reinstallation should be your absolute last resort.  Always.

Kyle Rodgers

i just stumbled across the same problem with the missing r4.csv file, thanks gman 1986 for your solution fixed it straight away :)

This happened to me today after updating the PMDG 777 to SP1c. Glad I found the fix above :)

From EGFF to YSSY

I have this issue too, but I don't have this addon. It showed up one day, and has been a pain since. I think it was after I installed Orbx California, but that makes no sense, as that's just scenery.

Since I don't have the addon, of course I don't have the makerunways program, and probably any of the files it needs. Is there any way to remove this? I did find this RAAS thing in Control panel Programs and uninstalled it as I never added it, and this is when the problem developed. I uninstalled it because it kept wanting to be updated after running FSX. Now my FSX just crashes while loading.

Help very much appreciated.

Since I don't have the addon, of course I don't have the makerunways program, and probably any of the files it needs.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

A simple Google search returns that as the first result. The makerunways tool is free, and is listed about halfway down the page. This will fix the issue that you're seeing.

Kyle Rodgers

Doesn't matter

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

A simple Google search returns that as the first result. The makerunways tool is free, and is listed about halfway down the page. This will fix the issue that you're seeing.

Doesn't matter now, I'm uninstalling and reinstalling FSX and all My addons. I have no idea how this RAAS stuff ended up on my system, as I don't fly jets, and it's really only of any use to Jets, or non-pilots.

Doesn't matter now, I'm uninstalling and reinstalling FSX and all My addons. I have no idea how this RAAS stuff ended up on my system, as I don't fly jets, and it's really only of any use to Jets, or non-pilots.

If you have the 777 from PMDG (which is the topic of the subforum you're posting in), then RAAS gets installed as part of it. As far as situational awareness around runways goes, it's actually usually more the smaller guys (props and GA) causing runway incursions. Not sure where the non-pilots part factors in because RAAS is a real thing, specifically aimed at flight crews.

Kyle Rodgers

I don't have it. As I said, I don't fly any jets, and don't know how RAAS got on the system, as I had nothing on it that is in any way related to Jets. As I said, doesn't

matter now, as FSX is now uninstalled, and am about to install it and put all my addons on.

I just stick to A2A planes, they are my favs. PMDG's are awesome planes, but to be honest, jet's just bore me. lol