Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

TaxiSigns HD by FlightSimTools

Hi Everyone,

I just purchased TaxiSigns HD by FlightSimTools, I really dislike the default signage. I must say, I like them... The dusk and night lighting is far superior to the default, at $15.00 that's not to bad either.

Combine that with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Interesting, they do look decent

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks for posting this. I admit I was tempted but 14€ seemed a bit pricey for what it does to me, so I wanted to wait for reviews. The screenshots do look good, so I may well take the plunge and buy this.

• Upvote 1

I have Airport Enhancer HDX by Cielosim which gives you new taxi way signs in HD, however it uses the "grey boxes" that default ones use and it does not come with enhanced night lighting, still wondering if this product will do much more for me or not, if anyone else has experience between these 2 product it would be great to know how much of a difference there is....

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Hi,

This is a partial view from the 737-800, my resolution is 5760x1200.

HD_Signs.jpg

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Is there much of an impact on FPS with these signs? They do look really nice.

Hi,

Didn't notice any difference in FPS. If there is, its small on my setup.

• Upvote 1

given the screenshot, its nice to see night lighting like that, however I don't think for me at least its worth the extra $14.99 USD to "upgrade" from my Ceilosim HD Taxiways.

However.... if you are using DEFAULT taxiways like most, this is definitely the upgrade to get if you want to know where you are going on the ground!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Are these new signs easier to read while you are rolling? I find that I have to pull right up to the default signs and stop to read them, so I just follow the progressive taxi instead. The $15 would be worth it to me if I could read them before I passed them.

Ted

• Upvote 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Are these new signs easier to read while you are rolling? I find that I have to pull right up to the default signs and stop to read them, so I just follow the progressive taxi instead. The $15 would be worth it to me if I could read them before I passed them.

Ted

Surely, that's a great question.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

The signage does look nice, but it's something I asked them a few years ago if they would consider adding to their Airport Wizard module that I already own.

I would rather that both be contained to a single DLL, so I'll wait to see what the interaction or other impact might be.  Nice as they might be, I don't want to pay nearly the same amount for one additional feature. :huh:

Also too since it seems that it's not customizable per airport.

Hi,

On my setup they are very easy to read while in motion. However my setup consists of three monitors running at 5760x1200.  Disregard, I went to one monitor at 1920x1200 and they are also very easy to read.

If the addon airport has custom signage, you will not see TaxiSigns HD by FlightSimTools. if on the other hand they are using default signage, you will get TaxiSigns HD by FlightSimTools.

What would of made this an excellent deal is if they also provided replacement taxiway/runway edge/center marker lighting.

Ted

What would of made this an excellent deal is if they also provided replacement taxiway marker lighting.

Airport Wizard, as mentioned above. There's a demo available, last I looked.