Sign in to follow this  
Lucevan

This may be stupid but.....

First I really like DX10 fixer. The smoke and water spray no longer flashes in time with the aircraft lights. Yipee.

Now the stupid bit. The way scenery items 'pop up' really annoys me. Is there some way they can be made to 'fade' in if you know what I mean?

Is it a result of the way things are 'drawn' in FSX, or is it far more complicated than that.

Sorry

Peter

No, Peter - they did that way in FlightSim 9, (FS2004), and it was much better, but it's "batched" in FSX.  - and don't be "sorry". It's a good question, and does annoy some folks..

The only way (that I know of) is to expand your LOD out to 6.5 or so, make sure you have your AF set to Anisotropic, and Anisotropic Filtering mode set to User defined/Off in Inspector, and 16x for the setting.  Now - I have to preface that with a "I don't notice this "scenery items popping" so it's not something I've looked into finding, and so - there are others here who have maybe a lot more expertise in it than I do - OK! :wink:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I think ita not possible Peter, at least in FSX, maybe in FS9 if I well remeber. I hate the popup, especially during approach phase and when you are near the runway I get threshold green light and runway light become more intese, as texture load suddenly.

I think lod_radius maybe can help, but not so sure!

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Afaik LOD radius only/mainly works with the ground textures and not autogen. But even if it does work with autogen, the range to which you can extend the LOD radius is very small in practice (at most a few hundred meters in the FSX world) and you will always see things popping up in the distance anyway.

FS9 had alpha-fading what made sure things wouldn't pop but smoothly appeared ouf of nowhere. I still don't know why Aces skipped this in FSX. Maybe because it was bad for performance: if that would be the case I would pay big money if someone could get it to work with DX10 because DX10 has a lot more headroom for thngs that lower performance in DX9! But I don't think it has anything to do with DX9 and DX10.

Popping up has been and always will be one of my biggest gripes with FSX (if that is the right expression) because it ALWAY bothers me. Even with DX10 and the Fixer. ^_^

If my memory serves me correctly alpha blending of autogen objects was in FSX RTM, but they removed it to claw back performance in either SP1 or SP2.