Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

This really is the end of it....

To answer another question. My plane had a three degree cant, as I remember. Could have been 2 1/2.

Well, certainly X-Plane helical propwash effect is underdone then. With a 2 or 3 degrees right cant, an X-Plane aircraft will certainly push right on take off, while I assume a RL aircraft still pushes left.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Well to take the name of the thread for now it is really the end of it for me-I hope this not to be a permanent condition.

Re: the torque bug-largely though not admitted seems to be mostly worked out after 10.20-enough that the problems which would cause negative learning are mostly gone-at least in some aircraft-especially the ones I simulate. A real positive.

The scenery which despite me downloading everything for my area of the world -is still deficient. the lack of a rw simulated current gps in 64 bit ( 32 bit crashes almost instantly and the planes I want to train in are now only 64 bit-a bummer ) and clouds which for now lose realism make now a great game but not a simulator-and I don't play games-ask my wife about candy crush-lol. The cloud add in above looks like it will take care of another problem for me-I eagerly look forward to it and anything else that will make this a useful sim for me. I haven't fired up any sim in 3 months- Sad after 33 years of flight simming. I do hope improvements will appear in this sim that will draw me back...but a game I am not gonna do.

I haven't fired up any sim in 3 months- Sad after 33 years of flight simming. I do hope improvements will appear in this sim that will draw me back...but a game I am not gonna do.

I haven't bought it, but the DX10 Fixer for FSX appears to give great results!  Add to it the ORBX products, the Garmins available, and I believe you'll feel confortable...

Try the new A2A C172 if you can ;-)

For serious IFR trainning ( this is ridiculous, I know, for I do not even own a PPL for engined aircraft :-/, but I love to play being IFR-rated :-) ) I still use and abuse of ELITE ( v8.6, and v9.0 due end 2013 will probably allow to choose between ELITE visuals or P3D visuals!!! ).

For casual GA flying, specially helicopters, around my homeland, where OSM and photoscenery do a great job, it's X-Plane 10 I start.

For those excellent NGX and 777 add-ons by PMDG, FSX is still the way, with Aerosoft's TwinOtter Extended and that A2A C172 also being great choices...

For the feel of flight, inside and outside the envelope :-) there is no alternative to DCS World, but IL2 Battle of Laningrad is comming, and looks very promissing :-)))))

I'm a simaholic :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...