Sign in to follow this  
Kuragiman

Teach VoxATC to Speak - Is It Possible?

There are many options in VoxATC to fiddle with and it is very wise to spend time training with the program.   I did about six flights where I loaded up the flight plans in the flight plan trainer and went through all the lines.  I don't have to do that anymore.  It pretty much knows what I am saying now and I can even change the tone of my voice and sound more natural when talking to it and it will take my commands.

My problem that I have and I wonder if there is a way to fix this, is to make VoxATC pronounce locations correctly.   

Example;   I take off from Dallas Love Field a lot and one of the centers I pass through is Fort Worth Center.    It is abbreviated FT Worth.     VoxATC likes to say "F T Center" rather than "Fort Worth Center".   

Is there a way to train VoxATC how to pronounce things like this correctly?   It's REALLY bad about pronouncing VOR stations.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Vox is still being developed, so ...

So here's to hoping!   Great program!  Great alternative to Vatsiming when you are afraid to get yelled at for screwing up an approach.  XD

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

IF you have the extra PAYWARE Voices from Ivona,

you can edit letters or words to be pronounce the way you like.

The only trouble is with AI

I have a favourite airport, Hamilton Island, Hamilton I.

The initial pronunciation was Hamilton I (eye),

I changed I. to say ISLAND, so my controllers (IVONA VOICES)

say Hamilton Island :-)

UNFORTUNATELY.

the AI seemed to have a different vocabulary, Hamilton IS.(is)

which is very annoying, and at the moment, I haven't worked out a solution

Because the FOUR voices cost me Hundreds of dollars,

I'm reluctant to spend that much again for the AI voices,

which I currently use the Freeware voices (which I don't think can be edited)

If you have a program to edit airports (I use AFX) you just need to open the airport in that program,click on File /  properties,and you will see that for instance Fort Lauderdale is called FT Lauderdale. and the different voices seem to have their own spin on this.Some will say "Feet" and others will say "F T"  If you just change it to Fort,then this is what the voices will say. Whilst you are there check out all the nav aids and comm frequencies and make any changes you wish,and Vox should now say them correctly.

Dennis

Dennis Elliott

This has bothered me since I bought VoxATC, things like pronouncing wind "wynd" and Qantas "kantis" and I could never find a solution until recently... And it's obvious and simple!

VoxATC uses the microsoft voice recognition engine so I went into the control panel/Ease of access/start speech recognition. Then activate speech recognition by clicking the microphone icon and say "open speech dictionary" From there, simply add any words that VoxATC has been mis-pronouncing into the dictionary and make sure you record a sample of how you want the word to be pronounced at the end. For unusual words (like Qantas) I had to save the word both in lower case and capitals to ensure it always is pronounced correctly. You can test that it has worked by typing the words I no a txt file and have Narrator read it back.

Hope this helps as it was driving me crazy for a while there!