Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Airbus X Extended 1.15 released

Mindreading skills not required - just a dose of common sense and willingness to get off one's backside and look where you bought the product from......

+1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Yes, and to organise a professional website and to give instructions and readmes as required like 99% of other publishers.

It takes 30 seconds for the publisher to put a link & instructions into the update announcement compared to how many of us wasting 20 minutes each. 

You're clearly assuming that the user that started this thread is part of the Aerosoft team, and therefore duty-bound to give you links.      He's not.   He is a regular user, like you and like I, who was just helping his fellow users by letting them know that this excitedly awaited updated had been released.

One thing that get's on my goat is people who swagger though life with a real sense of entitlement ..... No please, no thanks, just "I want this...  I want that"......   Your post smacked of that; with an extra dose of sarcasm (the mindreader bit).

A good response may have been "I'm having trouble finding the update, can anyone link it please?", but you opted for "a link would be good - some of us aren't mindreaders"......   pretty arrogant IMHO.

Anyhoo,

===========================

Good update!

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the co-ordinates in the MCDU for the IRS are now miles away from your current location? ........ Eg I am at N55, E20, but the co-ordinates in the MCDU say something like N12 E10 (fictional example)? .......... It's not a problem, and it may even be more realistic, but it's just something I got on my first flight with v1.15.       Thankfully you don't have to scroll the up/down arrows for ages, as you can just enter the co-ordinates in text form! :smile:

But great update!

You're clearly assuming that the user that started this thread is part of the Aerosoft team, and therefore duty-bound to give you links. He's not. He is a regular user, like you and like I, who was just helping his fellow users by letting them know that this excitedly awaited updated had been released.

One thing that get's on my goat is people who swagger though life with a real sense of entitlement ..... No please, no thanks, just "I want this... I want that"...... Your post smacked of that; with an extra dose of sarcasm (the mindreader bit).

A good response may have been "I'm having trouble finding the update, can anyone link it please?", but you opted for "a link would be good - some of us aren't mindreaders"...... pretty arrogant IMHO.

Anyhoo,

Good update!

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the co-ordinates in the MCDU for the IRS are now miles away from your current location? ........ Eg I am at N55, E20, but the co-ordinates in the MCDU say something like N12 E10 (fictional example)? .......... It's not a problem, and it may even be more realistic, but it's just something I got on my first flight with v1.15. Thankfully you don't have to scroll the up/down arrows for ages, as you can just enter the co-ordinates in text form! :smile:

But great update!

+1

Absolutely spot on.

Old mate probably still gets mum to wipe his backside when he gets pooey bum.

He he

But I believe (because I looked) what he posted is a direct lift from the one-and-only official announcement on the Aerosoft forum.  It's not that he left anything out, it just isn't there.  I checked that before I first posted here.  I also tried to find a link off the AXE product page.  It isn't there either.  

You tell me whether that's what you usually get from other sources of equal standing.

However, until you stuck your nose in with the helpful comment  "just a dose of common sense and willingness to get off one's backside" everyone was getting along nicely.  In fact, if you look back, I thanked him for his assistance and my subsequent comments, provoked by you, were aimed not at him but at Aerosoft.  Try looking in the mirror my friend. 

It's not a question of entitlement.  In my working life I pay people the courtesy of treating them like idiots and I hope they'll always do the same to me.  In other words, it's my responsibility when I publish something to make sure, as far as I'm able, that it's easy to read, does not assume facts that others may not be aware of and contains all of the information they require without hunting around for it themselves.   If I do otherwise, I'd consider myself lazy and/or unprofessional.  Maybe that's just me.

ngxu_banner.png

Yes, it's very very good.

Hmm,

Thanks.  Perhaps with this update I will give this bird another chance.  It has been gone from my HD for a while now.  I remember you were critical of this bird?  I guess all of your issues with it are resolved?  Except the EGPWS over rough terrain.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Hmm,

Thanks.  Perhaps with this update I will give this bird another chance.  It has been gone from my HD for a while now.  I remember you were critical of this bird?  I guess all of your issues with it are resolved?  Except the EGPWS over rough terrain.

Its been good since v1.10. Give it a chance, the devs have worked very hard to make this bird work correctly within the confines of fsx. The EGPWS issue happens in RL too, maybe not as pronounced but it does happen and it's annoying in RL also. We have to remember that this product is mid price and it is fsx, not a Level D FAA ICAO certified sim.

Reik Namreg

You're clearly assuming that the user that started this thread is part of the Aerosoft team, and therefore duty-bound to give you links.      He's not.   He is a regular user, like you and like I, who was just helping his fellow users by letting them know that this excitedly awaited updated had been released.

One thing that get's on my goat is people who swagger though life with a real sense of entitlement ..... No please, no thanks, just "I want this...  I want that"......   Your post smacked of that; with an extra dose of sarcasm (the mindreader bit).

A good response may have been "I'm having trouble finding the update, can anyone link it please?", but you opted for "a link would be good - some of us aren't mindreaders"......   pretty arrogant IMHO.

Anyhoo,

Good update!

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes the co-ordinates in the MCDU for the IRS are now miles away from your current location? ........ Eg I am at N55, E20, but the co-ordinates in the MCDU say something like N12 E10 (fictional example)? .......... It's not a problem, and it may even be more realistic, but it's just something I got on my first flight with v1.15.       Thankfully you don't have to scroll the up/down arrows for ages, as you can just enter the co-ordinates in text form! :smile:

But great update!

yes dave you are absolutely spot on.

where i come from he would be something that rhymes with Hat :smile:

steve

The info has been in the OP but thanks.  I have not kept up with AXE for a while, so the info has some context that I need to catch up.

Its been good since v1.10. Give it a chance, the devs have worked very hard to make this bird work correctly within the confines of fsx. The EGPWS issue happens in RL too, maybe not as pronounced but it does happen and it's annoying in RL also. We have to remember that this product is mid price and it is fsx, not a Level D FAA ICAO certified sim.

Yes, I am planning to give it another try.  I did not expect this sim to be PMDG but there are enough quirks in previous version that either you will ignore or you don't.  Time for me to get to know the Airbus way for European short routes where the A320s are more prevalent.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The info has been in the OP but thanks.  I have not kept up with AXE for a while, so the info has some context that I need to catch up.

(...)

Context was whether the full Aerosoft release announcement was clear enough. So I posted the link in addition to the OP's quote.

Here's another update of interest to me.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pr-ann/opusfsx-version-334-released-r1665

Three signposted clicks from there (in Avsim) and I've downloaded.

Impressive you must agree. 

I downloaded the Aerosoft Airbus X version 1.15 without the "stop-over" on AVSIM - directly from the publisher's site as your OPUS link suggests, too!   :lol:

Hmm,

They've been solved long ago when they released 1.10. It's very enjoyable now except for that annoying EGPWS thing.

I never wanted a perfect A320, just one that was reliable when i needed it and 1.04 back then just didn't deliver... Now with 1.15 this is a whole different bus.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Update Oliver(olli4740)

Hi Oliver. Please ignore that post I made about that taxi light. I re-checked it again and monitored the checklist call-outs and at first quick glance it looks like that OH nose light switch has not been turned to 'taxi' mode but closer scrutiny revealed it to be turned on. So, no issues there.

Only wish I could export a PFPX-created flightplan to it. If you know the trick to do, please advise.