Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Airbus X Extended 1.15 released

Very nice update indeed. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I bought this in instant download form from the FlightSimStore.com.

http://www.flightsimstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=2273

It appears they haven't put up the new release(yet). Is there another way to get this or do I just have to wait? (Or am I just confused and they actually do have the new release available and I just don't know it???)

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I bought this in instant download form from the FlightSimStore.com.

Did they send you a serial#? You could try going to support.aerosoft.com, create an account, then register for the AAX with the serial#. Then you can go to the support page for that product and you should get download links for the new version.

Barry Friedman

After installing the 1.15 update I found my Saitek Cessna twin throttles stopped working. I had the same problem when I first purchased the add on. This was originally fixed by the document searcher zip file which is no longer available from Aerosoft and my Kapersky anti virus software deleted it because it thought it was a trojan. As the throttle fix utility on the Aerosoft launcher would not work , I contacted Aerosoft. It seems the fix is by running the Airbus x configurator which is installed in the FSX, Aerosoft, Airbus x extended folder and ticking the appropriate boxes. I have asked Aerosoft to highlight this on their web site.

Did they send you a serial#? You could try going to support.aerosoft.com, create an account, then register for the AAX with the serial#. Then you can go to the support page for that product and you should get download links for the new version.

Yes - that seems to have worked. Downloading now. Thank you very much!

Now I just hope I can install it. :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I see they are also providing an extended sound set v110 - It's pretty big - is that worth installing?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Be wary of the v1.10 sound enhancement; some have had issues with it installed with 1.15. Perhaps others can weigh in on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

First hotfix is out, due to some files mixup:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/73700-hotfix-018-corrected-wrong-file-versions/#entry526587

Be wary of the v1.10 sound enhancement; some have had issues with it installed with 1.15. Perhaps others can weigh in on this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sound pack v1.10 isn't fully compatible with v1.15 of the Airbus. On the Aerosoft forum there's a user workaround available, but Aerosoft advise to wait for an updated sound pack.

Are you that lazy?

No, firstly, I'm quite willing to grind on about this permanently.

Secondly, as been shown in the above re-post of the official announcement of the update, there was no a clue as to where to find the file or, as someone else has pointed out, whether to un-install the old version before running it, whether to re-update RAAS etc.  

Now I call that sloppy and below the standard of other developers of similar standing, let alone the likes of FS2Crew and OpusFSX, who do a top class job with as far as I can tell, a total of 2 people apiece.  Now the rest of you may be used to using Aerosoft products. I have a grand total of one, the AXE.  You'd have thought I'd be the sort of person they'd want to impress so as to sell me more things.

We don't need to drone on about this forever but as I'm in the right......  And maybe this debate has had some effect, I see there's a nice link to the hotfix.

ngxu_banner.png

(...)

Secondly, as been shown in the above re-post of the official announcement of the update, there was no a clue as to where to find the file or, as someone else has pointed out, whether to un-install the old version before running it, whether to re-update RAAS etc.  

(...)

Firstly,

the full 1.15 version can be found where existing owners have found ALL their former versions - this stuff hasn't changed a bit. And there are heaps of references to these locations (actually two different sorts of locations at your disposal) all over the official Aerosoft forums. I bet you own some product documentation that could direct you to the relevant resources.   B)

Secondly,

there is no "hard" requirement to uninstall the preceding version before running the v1.15 installer - this advice is given by support staff, as it may reduce the likelihood for support issues arising, depending on users' system configurations (FSX install location, administor's rights, UAC, and stuff): If it's not a requirement, it doesn't have to be stated anywhere.   ^_^

No, firstly, I'm quite willing to grind on about this permanently.

Please don't

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi Julian

What happened in San Francisco Bay? I say bring back Grant Dalton. 8-1 lead, and you guys blew it! What a comback, and our 4-time Olympic champ, Ainslie, at the centre of it all.

Olli

I have now got the update and installed it successfully, thank you.

As well as looking at the product page and the relevant posts in the Aerosoft and Avsim forums,  I did also check the DVD manual and the start menu entries for a "check for updates" option.  I may have missed something but that happens.

If the detail already exists elsewhere in the Aerosoft forums, then it wouldn't have taken a minute to replicate it into this announcement would it, rather than having occasional Aerosoft customers like me have to ferret around trying to find it. 

I didn't raise the issue of whether to uninstall the old version, somebody else did.  It's a perfectly valid question since it's too late when you've kicked the updater off and then find a heap of unexplained glitches (or worse) in your system.  Given all the effort that went into the update, half a dozen words to make the matter clear doesn't seem much to ask from a professional developer. Hell, I get that from freeware AFCAD designers.

So, don't concern yourself, it's the "RTFM" brigade that annoy me and I trust you aren't one of those although there are a few about.  It's clearly the case that others know the Aerosoft site better than I do but firstly the ethos of this forum and the flightsim community is generally to help each other now matter how dim we are and secondly they shouldn't assume I didn't make reasonable efforts to find the update myself.  I think I have shown I did.  

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Julian

What happened in San Francisco Bay? I say bring back Grant Dalton. 8-1 lead, and you guys blew it! What a comback, and our 4-time Olympic champ, Ainslie, at the centre of it all.

There are people crying into their Chardonay's in Auckland.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I'm still getting awful fps with AXE, and the stutters are painful on 1.15. FPS is worse than the NGX default. I bought this because they claimed that fps is the same or even better than Airbus X. Well, not in my case. When I can fly NGX but not AXE, I must ask what's the deal?

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.