Sign in to follow this  
Morph

MD-80 series?

Has PMDG ever considered creating the best FSX maddog?

In my opinion it's one of the sweetest aircraft out there flying right now and is a very popular aircraft.

Any thoughts?

Also going to be phased out of alot of fleets soon. There are 2 out there already (LEO and Coolsky..the latter wouldnt surprise me if they did an update). I highly doubt that this will happen.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

I would like the MD-90 alot more to be honest, not a very good sim for that particular plane at the moment

If you want to  peer forward in time and see the future of this thread, just go look at the cute little symbol next to the thread asking about a 757 from PMDG.

cute little symbol next to the thread asking about a 757 from PMDG.

I've seen threads regarding the 717, 747 classic, 757, 767, A320, A330 and A380. I think people should do a simple Google/AVSim search for a particular aircraft they want and see PMDG's response to it.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I think people should do a simple Google/AVSim search for a particular aircraft they want and see PMDG's response to it.

Ha. Yup. I think my signature says it all.

I was gonna say. Leonardo maddog is in many ways even better than PMDG products - except graphics, and in some ways ease of use. A new version with some imporovements in these regards would make it a top-class addon again, right next to the NGX, 777 and Majestic Dash.

I'll take a pass on the long beach sewer pipe.

I think you are missing out. The flightdeck is a chaotic but interesting mix of ancient and modern. Keeps you busy.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I think you are missing out. The flightdeck is a chaotic but interesting mix of ancient and modern. Keeps you busy.

I flew the MD88 extensively 2 years ago but it never grew on me and with rw versions being highly unreliable I've grown to loath that sewer pipe (affectionate nickname given by a maddog pilot).

I flew the MD88 extensively 2 years ago but it never grew on me and with rw versions being highly unreliable I've grown to loath that sewer pipe (affectionate nickname given by a maddog pilot).

Fair enough. I don't like the 737NG very much, would far rather fly in an A320 given the choice, but that doesn't stop me enjoying the NGX in FSX.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Fly the maddog by leonardo already exists. Thats why pmdg wont make one ever. Plus the pmdg wouldn't be as detailed as the leonardo already is because they dont know how to put a weather radar in their planes.