Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

Same typerating for Boeing 777-200LR and 777-300ER?

Hi! 

Is there someone who can tell me if it´s possible for a pilot to operate the 777-200LR and the 777-300ER with the same typerating? I´m asking because i wanna buy the 777-300ER from PMDG, after release, and i´m asking myself if it´s possible for a real pilot to fly the 777-200LR (or ER) on a Monday, and the 777-300ER on Tuesday, for example.  

Same typerating, but real pilots do undergo some differences training.

Hi! 

Is there someone who can tell me if it´s possible for a pilot to operate the 777-200LR and the 777-300ER with the same typerating? I´m asking because i wanna buy the 777-300ER from PMDG, after release, and i´m asking myself if it´s possible for a real pilot to fly the 777-200LR (or ER) on a Monday, and the 777-300ER on Tuesday, for example.  

Yep, Airlines such as Air canada and Qatar operate both -200LR and 300ER with the same pilots. I have a buddy over at Emirates who flies all the variants, including the 777F

Differences training is for 777F, but very minor things.

All 777s can be flown with no limitation.

There are some noticeble differences in handling btw the shorts and the long ones, but you'll get used to it :))

<p>Francesco

I know BA crews on the 777-200ER's underwent some training when BA introduced the 77W's to their fleet, especially with regards to the longer fuselage length and the 77W's are more slippery than the 200's.

Differences training is for 777F, but very minor things.

All 777s can be flown with no limitation.

There are some noticeble differences in handling btw the shorts and the long ones, but you'll get used to it :))

Differences training is definitely a thing, even between the relatively similar -200ER and LR.

777 AND 787 have one TYPE-RATING.

More details on the 777 and the differences can be found for example here:

http://www.easa.europa.eu/certification/experts/docs/oeb-reports/boeing/B777%20JOEB%20Report.pdf

The details and differences concerning  the 787 are here:

http://fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/fsb/b-787_fsb.pdf

Also very interesting on the differences 787/777:

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-484944.html

Good read !  :smile:

Guy