Sign in to follow this  
EdubFlyer

Frost on Windows

I thought I saw the frost build up as well. Either we've gone completely mad or the texture artists really know what they're doing or some of both. There is definitely frost though. Or atleast specks of spit by the edges of the windows that nobody bothered to wipe. Either way, its quite immersive and adds to the character of this incredible plane. Flying through a thunderstorm right now, using my spiffy storm lighting mode, and sometime about it just feels so alive.    

(...) Or atleast specks of spit by the edges of the windows that nobody bothered to wipe. (...)

Exactly that! (But no dynamic build-up of anything.)

Same with the ultra-realistic finger prints on the ND. Make me want to clean my screen every time I load the T7 ...

Do you by any chance have FS water configurator and/or Shade? This looks similar-ish to an effect that I've seen which is supposed (unreaslistically IMO) to simulate stars reflecting off water, even though it seems to be layered over the clouds or ice in your case. It's just a suggestion, may not be that at all.

Andrew

Hi,

I see the same thing - it's not your imagination. I think it is supposed to be dirt.

Best regards,

Robin.

Do you by any chance have FS water configurator and/or Shade? This looks similar-ish to an effect that I've seen which is supposed (unreaslistically IMO) to simulate stars reflecting off water, even though it seems to be layered over the clouds or ice in your case. It's just a suggestion, may not be that at all.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, no FSWater or Shade / ENB. Only textures from REX, but I'll revert to default and reapply step by step to see if it corrects itself.

23.png

I will find a pic. I stand by my statements here. The only reason I noticed it is because it flashed on and off quickly while my system was freezing and trying to catch up with the scenery.

Eric W

Nothing like this is simulated - you're imagining things  :P

Bummer. The js41 had weather related features, could this be added in the future to all pmdg models? I would like to see the use of the wipers when its raining. Couldn't you make the windshield more opaque until the wipers are on? The js41 did something like that for icing until the anti ice measure were activated.

cheers!

These kind of touches would be nice - and as these are not integral to the "simualtion" of the 777 -  and the max amount of VC animations has been reached, Im afraid frosty windows wont be showing anytime soon on out 777 windows :(

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

There does seem to be some dirt around the edges of the windshield. I too noticed this first time I started her up.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

yes its dirt mainly in the top outer corners and only the front windscreens ive noticed is all ive seen but under certain lighting conditions uts almost invisible others very and its certainly not haze its clearly on the glass its self as you move your head view it is clearly on the window its self

nice touch,

kav

I thought I was imagining things when I first flew the 777 - it appeared like condensation on the glass but as it was dusk I later thought it was clouds being rendered in the distance. Come on Ryan, you can confess to us............ :rolleyes:

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs