Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Question about switching back and forth from DX10 to DX9

Just a few questions.  I'm running Steve's Fixer at the moment and I'm in DX10.

I want to do some comparison tests and would like to get back to DX9.

The manual tells you to simply switch your Direct X mode from the fixer.

Just to clarify, I don't need to uninstall the library, right?

So before going back to DX9, I'm just going to disable DX10 compatible lights and effects in the fixer, then switch Direct X mode to DX9.  Is this correct?  No need to uninstall the library or do anything else?

Also, can I delete my fsx cfg after going back to DX9?  There's a few modifications in my cfg but I want to start with a fresh one for DX9.  Is it safe to delete the cfg after going back to DX9 and let fsx build a new one?

Just want to make sure because I don't want things to get messed up when I return to DX10.

Thanks.

Your best bet is to Create a folder (somewhere) named DX9 Configs, and then copy the fsx.cfg and export your Inspector/RadeonPro configs to it. Then, after the Fixer uninstall, you can simply swap in the original files. You might also do the same thing for the DX10 configs.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Excellent.  Thank you, Paul.

I don't mind re-doing my NI settings everytime I switch because I know it by heart and only takes a minute.

I won't be uninstalling the fixer.  Sorry I didn't clarify that in my OP.

So just leave the library alone without uninstalling it, right?  And it's safe to delete my cfg after going back to DX9?  I won't be saving my current cfg because the changes I made to it were just for testing purposes.

Yeah - Just uninstall the  libraries, Maurice - you don't need to remove anything. Yep, you can keep or delete the cfg. (it's in the Recycle Bin anyway - right!)

All the Best

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul.  You've certainly been extremely helpful here with the whole DX9/DX10 thing and I really appreciate all the help you've provided and your extensive knowledge of DX10.

Thanks again.

Yeah - Just uninstall the  libraries, Maurice - you don't need to remove anything. Yep, you can keep or delete the cfg. (it's in the Recycle Bin anyway - right!)

All the Best

pj

Sorry, getting confused now. The manual says you only need to switch and you say uninstall the libraries? Which is correct?

Jose De Campos

London

I guess I missread it, Just follow the manual.

You do not need to uninstall the libraries. Just hit the switch button in the Fixer. Then replace the fsx.cfg with a your backed up dx9 config or re-configure it for dx9. Then import or reconfigure NI. Then vice versa if your want to switch back to dx10. I have done it several times now.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor