Sign in to follow this  
LordDakson

FS Economy like program

IMO Ideal Flight at this price is a must have! good find

Nutz...it's CD/DVD only.  Guh.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Nutz...it's CD/DVD only.  Guh.

darn, there had to be a catch lol . I already got it though and worth the full price

• Upvote 1

ZORAN

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out with something :)

I've been looking for a program that will let me run a little business on fsx using my Twin Otter Extended, A2A C172 and Airbus.

FS Economy looks fun, but i don't want to be onliine competing, and the rental-purchase system has me a little apprenhensive. What if i go to rent the addon planes i have in my hanger and can't find them, do i use the default FSX planes and fly a plane i don't really want to? Also i like to use the Fuel and Load Managers that came with my aircraft, and FS economy doesn't seem to allow me to do that.

----> Freeware would be a huge bonus, but if i have to pay a few bucks for it, that'd be okay. I don't mind doing all the flight planning etc manually, i actually enjoy that part of my flying haha. I use Plan G for VFR and various online sources for the Aurbus.

Thanks in advance guys, and sorry for the wall of text, all thoughts and opinions are welcome.

- LordDakson

FSEconomy is set up so you can search all "JOBS" that have your personally owned plane models for rent. So you fly what YOU want to fly. The server does not care which model of Otter/172/plane either. You are not forced to take any jobs you don't want. You cherry pick them based on criteria like destination airport, departure airport or aircraft model. Half the fun was picking jobs in areas that #1. had your scenery and #2. had your favorite plane for rent on the ground. At your expense you can ferry a nearby plane "to the job". Then run the job from there. Just like in real life. You can reserve the plane for a day too so no one logs in and fly's it out of there I think? Been a while.

Pick the plane. Pay the rent. Fill er up. Board the passengers and cargo and do the flight. Get paid. High five yourself. Drop the money in your bank to save for your own plane if you want one. There are for sale aircraft all the time. The pricing will vary based on things like time before overhaul and things like that. Build up fat stacks of cash (breaking bad style) and start your empire. Either that or remain a freelancer like Han Solo. There are virtual FBO's other players have built up and run and you can join them as one of their pilots if your of a social disposition but still free to fly independent at the same time and still take any jobs you want. 

If you ever decide to buy a plane like your Otter, then it is yours and yours alone. Free to pick up jobs with it as you see fit provided the 10 cases of toiletpaper to whereverville will fit. And when you are taking a break from FSEconomy, set it "for rent" and it earns money for you while you are off line if people use the plane.

The cool part with FSE is planes are physical assets on their server and they always get hangered where they were last left. If there are jobs there or nearby you (or anyone renting your plane) can take those jobs with your plane. Planes wear out and need maintenance. They need fuel. Ect.... All done through their interface which is quite simple.

Optional: Save up enough and buy an FBO at some airport somewhere. Save up for more planes and become a mogul ala Buffalo Air - Ice Pilots or some such.

Annnddddd..... its free and online.

Charles.

Hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out with something :)

I've been looking for a program that will let me run a little business on fsx using my Twin Otter Extended, A2A C172 and Airbus.

I have looked around all over the net and have come across quite a few suggestions but none of them seem right.

[...]

FS Captain is the one i've heard the least about, but it seems geared more towards large commercial airliners, such as the A320 and 777, 737 etc. I don't always want to fly those aircraft.

My initial year or so as an FSCaptain user (or "Captain" as we say) was spent in a Grand Caravan, tooling around the wilds of the PNW and areas to the North.  I've since moved to RJs and medium-sized airliners for short-haul and the odd cross country flight, but just this week I've started to fall in [non-mushy affection] with the Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended.

I've even enabled the default Trike to be used for really small and really short revenue flights.   :lol:

If you are still looking at similar products, I'd like to invite you to give FSCaptain a try - there's an unlimited-time and feature-full demo that only limits you to takeoffs from three PNW and three UK airports.  If you find that it's not to your taste, that's okay too.

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Thanks for all the input guys, i guess i'll have to download each ones demo and give them a shot. Not really sure which way I'm leaning at the moment. They all seem like the deserve a look haha.

Thanks for the help guys :D Was a real help, they all seem good so i'll have to trial them all.

Thanks for all the input guys, i guess i'll have to download each ones demo and give them a shot. Not really sure which way I'm leaning at the moment. They all seem like the deserve a look haha.

Thanks for the help guys :D Was a real help, they all seem good so i'll have to trial them all.

Moderators, please mark this as "the best answer."  :smile:

AivlaSoftEfbDeveloper.png

Sig1.jpg

(Each product functions in a fully-functional trial mode for interested users.)

Moderators, please mark this as "the best answer." :smile:

I'd like to hear a review and to know what the final winner was.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd like to hear a review and to know what the final winner was.

I will get back to you guys as soon as i can get home and give them each a trial, and form my opinion on them all.

Just thought there might've been a nicer simpler program than those, but i guess its one of them to trial haha.

Another vote for FSEconomy, in addition to the info given above you can also join groups based in specific areas or with specific aircraft that you wish to fly, and help develop on airline or whatever you are interested in. Check out the threads at http://www.fseforums.com

I was tempted by the FSCaptain sale, but FSE fits the bill for me.

Cheers

Keith

Sooo..... here we are about 2 years later, what was the final verdict?  I don't know if anything has come up since in the same genre, so are you using anything more often than any other?

No for awhile it seems. I guess we lost Lord Darkson to the dark side.

I noticed not all add-ons are supported by FSCaptain. That's maybe a deal breaker.

Yes AH 2 when it comes out will cover everything you asked for even Courrier service along with passengers/cargo.

Regards

Lamar Wright