Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG - Thx for the latest Update!

Talk about prompt........

I recently added to Rich Sennett's post about turning off the FO displays. However, there was a side-effect - turning off the FO's displays also inadvertently turned off the FO CDU & the back-up CDU on the radio stack. I needed at least one of the CDU back-ups for Doors, Ground, etc.

Lo & behold, after updating the Ops Center last night (Sydney time), just this morning I took a flight and both FO and back-up CDU's were operational again (and FO displays off).

Good show PMDG!

I'm chuffed!

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Hi

are you sure because as far as im aware there has been no update for the actual aircraft yet only for the ops center.please correct me if I have missed it though?

cheers

kav

I was holding out to see if I was the only one that missed something here. I even checked the OC to see if I missed something. More perceived effects? :smile:

No gents, no mistake.....

definitely got the all 3 CDU's fully operational and the FO displays are off.

Whilst the Ops Center was downloading it was indicating an update to the 777....it didn't dawn on me until the next day when I took the bird for a flight, I noticed that all 3 CDU's were back up and running (or should I say, that the FO & back-up Radio Stack CDU's were operational again).

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I don't doubt you Steve. Sure it wasn't just an update to the OC itself? That's the only updates I have received so far. Unless Hotfixes are not recorded but I would think they would be?

Rendi,

all I can say is that when I first disabled the FO displays, this action shutdown the FO CDU & back-up CDU (Radio Stack) immediately.

This was also reported by Rob & Rich Sennet. The issue was raised in this thread - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421713-how-to-shut-off-co-pilot-pfd/

Following that, within 24 hours the OC ran an update. During the process of that update I noticed 3 files (in addition to the OC itself) being updated - 777, NGX & JS.

Subsequent to that update, the next time I took a flight (some 12 hours later) lo & behold, the CDU's were all on-line and the FO displays were still turned off.

Can't be a coincidence?? At least, I don't think?! LOL!

Rgds,

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

<09-23-2013>   v1.6
Updated: Expanded custom exception handling.
Fixed:   Alert if required modules could not be loaded, no crash.
Fixed:   Crash with 100 or more liveries in any variant.
Fixed:   Updater issues.
Fixed:   Several other crashes and oddities.

Now this refers to the  Op's centre. No mention there of the T7 being updated.

777, NGX & JS.

Those are modules within the ops centre.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Must have been magic I guess???????

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

Good way of looking at it Steve.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guys,

The OC cannot update the aircraft directly (yet - it's something we're working on) - all the updates so far have been to the OC application itself or to livery textures and options inis.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com